Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2001 4:21:15 PM EDT
I think alot of anti-gunners are rethinking there position on guns now.  I've read in several different articles where folks who never owned a gun are buying them now.  I think it is sad that this immense trajady had to happen to wake some folks up.  Also, I think gun control will be a non-issue in 2002 & maybe 2004.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 4:28:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope so. And I also hope the assault weapons ban sunsets, so I can put a REAL upper on my bushy.. Hate to let my BFA and blanks go to waste...and I need an excuse to get a bayonet...
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe they'll realize that no matter what you ban/tighten/legislate, the crazy bastards who are gonna do something and are set on it, WILL.

Wishful thinkin'?
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 4:31:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the Anti's are now working on getting all modes of mass transit Banned.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 4:32:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Paul Harvey said earlier this week that anyone who feels very strongly about gun control should have no second thoughts about putting a sign on their house stating " there are no guns in this house "
How many anti's would do that ?
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#5]
They can't hide from reality forever.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I think we are still going to be in the middle of a war in 04, so the only issue would be the progress of said war and the economy.  Now if the Dems win they will bring gun control with them, but gun control itself will not be a issue.

Do you know how silly someone would look asking for tighter gun control when the largest mass murder in history was perpatrated by men armed with box cutters?

I think it would be too insensative to do so right away, but we should use this to push for Vermonts gun laws to be spread nationwide. There is a reason why everywhere you look in Israel people are carrying guns, looks like we may now need that too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, airplanes are already registered and their pilots (apparently even the terrorist hijackers these day) are already licensed.  Obviously the next steps would be either smart planes or lawsuits for negligent marketing.  Coupled with heftier prison sentences for suicidal terrorist mass murderer malcontents who do not obtain valid licenses.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Armdlbrl... That is a wonderful dream that we all share.... But who knows... we MIGHT actually have a chance at it now...

[smoke]

Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:07:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Paul Harvey said earlier this week that anyone who feels very strongly about gun control should have no second thoughts about putting a sign on their house stating " there are no guns in this house "
How many anti's would do that ?
View Quote

You know, I never paid much attention to old Paul until someone sent me one of his articles that showed that he is PRO GUN! In letters ten feet tall! I may trim it down and post it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#10]
How will these events affect the RKBA?

Hopefully the Feds will have something better to do. (besides burning and killing American Citizens).  Shit, maybe they just needed something to focus on.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top