Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2001 11:32:47 AM EDT
I am a 22 year old first year law student right now. I am a tall skinny guy who has never worked out in his life. If everything goes to heck in a handbasket soon. I will not hide behind school to keep me out of service. My grandfather joined up after the United States was attakced December 7, 1941. With the United States getting attacked again, I am willing to follow in his footsteps. I guess what I want to know is, what would be the best options for me in the military and how would my education be affected by enlistment? Would I have to re-apply to law school or do they let you back in?
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:47:39 AM EDT
[#1]
The schools registrar's office would give you the best information about your status coming back. A military recruiter would give you the best information about your options in that branch of the armed forces.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:51:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Deadeye... I am a 3rd Year law student and would like to join up as well!  I went to a military college, however, VMI...

If you leave this early in law school you will have to reapply because you have not earned any credits.  Had you completed your first year, it would be much easier for you to get back in and start as a 2L... if you go to UT, I would advise that you don't give up a good thing...
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:52:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I left college in '97 to join the AF.  You've got the rest of your life to got back to school.  Now is the time to serve your country.  Here's a question that you need to ask yourself.  Do you really think that joining the military will hurt you career in law in you do so decide to join?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top