BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2001 4:17:08 AM EDT
Via WorldNetDaily:

http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0108/tolan.shtml
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 5:01:31 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0108/tolan.shtml[/url]

Interesting. I guess you should avoid throwing rocks at people with rifles.

I hope all the AK nuts read this. I was thinking that the 5.56mm round didn't hurt.

I liked the part about safer bullets.
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 5:15:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Great article!

Now I am even more happy about my choice of a defense weapon.

And from what I have seen, I have no sympathy for any of the Rock Tossing fools that are a mask for the Palestinian snipers that always accompany these groups.
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 5:18:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, a most interesting article.

Nice to see the "mouse gun" works.
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 5:47:01 AM EDT
[#4]
See what happens when you take rocks to a gunfight.
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 5:49:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
See what happens when you take rocks to a gunfight.
View Quote

LMAO!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 5:50:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes, a most interesting article.

Nice to see the "mouse gun" works.
View Quote

I have never heard the term before...what is the origin? Learn something new every day!
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 6:44:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh the Agony!
Oh the Sorrow!
Oh the Injustice!

With so many of our children maimed, it may some day be difficult to find one intact to strap explosives to so that he can walk amongst the hideous Israelis and explode himself to the glory of Allah.......Amen.

Someone said it best earlier.  Don't bring rocks to a gunfight, and you should certainly not START the fight when your opponents have rifles to counter your rocks.  Darwinism at work if you ask me.

Rant mode off, terrorist sympathizers FLAME AWAY!

Saleen
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 6:45:33 AM EDT
[#8]
They complain that head and chest shots are too harsh, then leg and lower body shots are too harsh. I guess if everybody just threw stones it would be okay. But what about sling shots? I believe that they will kill also. I agree. Don't throw rocks at troops with guns.
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 7:06:58 AM EDT
[#9]
A great post.
Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 1:05:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I posted this message. I don't know if they will have the courage to publish it. I hope that I have been clear. I don't like one sided articles on the media. I don't know manipulation of the reality.
here is the post:
"Dear Sir, I write after reading your article entitled "Shoot to Maim".
As I read many times before the Intifada and Israel, let mi say that I consider your article a real piece of garbage.
First of all, is one sided. On the sides of those ones who started unnecessary violence: the Palestinians.
Your article seems to ignore that while on the First Intifada, except for some group affiliated to Al Fatah, the rest was really unarmed, this time the Palestinian Police is shooting IFD soldiers using as a cover (is it distinctive of any humanitarian intention?) childrens that rarely are older than 18. Arafat sends to war children that should be at school or at home.
The only unharmed Arabs, in this matters, where the Israeli Arabs, but there is a trial against the Police Commander that ordered to his men to shoot.
By the way, the palestinians (can be clearly seen on every CNN reportage) are using not only stones, but AK47, AK74 and... Colt M16 and Colt M4!!!
It is singular that nobody reported about wounds of the IDF soldiers while I know for shure that there are...
Second issue: You put under the magnifyng glass the M16 bullets. Why not talking about the AK74 5.54 bullets?
If you take care to make your job, you should know that the actual M16 ammunition uses a ball that is HEAVIER than the one issued at the Vietnam time. This one (called SS109 and invented in Europe) is much less prone to tumble once is inside a human body. The Russian counterpart 5.54 instead is well known to be one that is still literally "whirling" when penetrate, doing a much worste job than the M16 bullet. But I see that nobody is talking about it...
So I think that is really unfair to propose to a public that know a little about terminal ballistic a picture of the M16 (and only of that weapon) as an inhumane weapon, and also a wrong picture of the one that are using it.
The reality is that war is inhumane, violence is inhumane, the use of weapon to destroy human lives is inhuman, not weapons in itself."
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Contras 21 writes:

"And from what I have seen, I have no sympathy for any of the Rock Tossing fools that are a mask for the Palestinian snipers that always accompany these groups."

I am sad to see you write this.  When the Palestinians upgrade to rifles the Isrealis come in with helicopters and rockets.

How would you feel if someone invaded your home state, ethnically cleansed it, kicked you off your land, and then put you into a concentration camp under the guise of a "refugee camp?"

Fools for going up against the Israeli army?  Perhaps.  But it could be said that George Washington was a fool for going against the world's largest empire with a handful of men and some flintlock arms.

And until the American public realizes that Israel is not the good guy in this war, no sooner will there be peace.  Afterall, we do pay for a large portion of this war...
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't pretend to know who is right or wrong in this conflict, but I do know this: anyone who fights a armed (and yes people armed with rocks are still armed) conflict by fighting fairly is a fool. You don't match your enemy's force, if possible you outmatch their capabilities.

Anyone who attacks military forces should expect soldiers to shoot at them.

Kyle
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 7:18:09 PM EDT
[#13]
That was cool.

"Shooting people with high-velocity bullets to wound them is a form of summary punishment being inflicted in the field," says Dr. Robert Kirschner of the Nobel Prize-winning Physicians for Human Rights. "

On the other hand, getting your head blown off by a slow .45acp would be ok I guess...

[sniper]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 12:37:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Contras 21 writes:

"And from what I have seen, I have no sympathy for any of the Rock Tossing fools that are a mask for the Palestinian snipers that always accompany these groups."

I am sad to see you write this.  When the Palestinians upgrade to rifles the Isrealis come in with helicopters and rockets.

How would you feel if someone invaded your home state, ethnically cleansed it, kicked you off your land, and then put you into a concentration camp under the guise of a "refugee camp?"

Fools for going up against the Israeli army?  Perhaps.  But it could be said that George Washington was a fool for going against the world's largest empire with a handful of men and some flintlock arms.

And until the American public realizes that Israel is not the good guy in this war, no sooner will there be peace.  Afterall, we do pay for a large portion of this war...
View Quote

What people like you refuse to see is that Israelis are fighting (like the Palestinians) for the surviving of their country. So Anyone that can put more effort and means will win. Cinical to say but it's true.
What you call; "How would you feel if someone invaded your home state, ethnically cleansed it, kicked you off your land, and then put you into a concentration camp under the guise of a "refugee camp?"" is EXACTELY what white americans did with the Redskins Nations, and instead of refugee camps the US Government call them "Indian Reserve". With a big difference: that israelis lived there even before the creation of Israel and they belongs to that land like the palestinians, and the white americans definitively are INVADERS.
If you can accept this point, you'll find yourself talking from completely different point of view. Really there are others thing by which Israel can be criticized...

Shalom haver...
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 1:23:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Some ballistics experts in Europe agree. Dr. Peter J.T. Knudsen, a Danish forensic pathologist who has written extensively on bullets and humanitarian law, argues that all M16 ammunition currently used by military forces should be banned, because they all tend to shatter. "Fragmentation adds unnecessary suffering and superfluous injury," he says.

Can you imagine if there were an attempt to ban 5.56[mm] bullets?" asks Denmark's Dr. Knudsen. "Think about all the countries that would have to discard all their M16 ammunition." Even if they replaced it with the nonfragmenting bullets being tested, there's still a stark political reality: None of the "safer" bullets are manufactured in America. "Imagine if you told the U.S. Army they would have to buy all their bullets from a foreign country," Knudsen says. "Or how about the senator in whose state the bullets are made? There's too much money involved."
View Quote

Fvck that ahole doctor! Perhaps we should give the Danes M1 carbines and we keep the M16's for ourselves? That should make them happy.

I counted "high-velocity" used eight times. It's obvious what's on their mind.

In any case, as contras21 said, the article just reinforces the fact that the AR is a great weapon. It does what it was made to do and it does it very well. Now, if they replaced this blow-back crap with an op-rod, I'd be even happier yet. [:D]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 1:47:22 AM EDT
[#16]
I am always amazed at the stupidity of some people, the bullet does too much damage. Helloooooo, it is supposed to do maximum damage.

First lesson I always tell a new shooter when arriving at our range. Especially when they are first timers

This pistol/revolver/rifle was made to kill, it's bullets where made to kill. The sport of targetshooting/IPSC etc etc came after the concept of inducing trauma to your opponent. Dont let anyone fool you a sportingrifle is anything less lethal than a military weapon.

That said we have some safety rules...and you will learn them until they are automatic.

Now these so called humanitarians dont want head and torso shots with the evil 55 grain FMJ shot out of 1/12 M16A1's the IDF uses. With the injuries they have seen from that they advise leg and abdomen shots. Knowledge of anatomy was never considered a measure here. (taking a chestwound over a abdomen wound anytime if forced to choose).

These "kids" are not just throwing rocks, they are indeed armed too. YOu can see the AK's, Uzi's, MP5's and various other smallarms present.

NWO : rule #xxx Shooting back at your enemy is a crime.....

Maximum BS

Kuiper

p.s. it should be noted at most if not all European countries use the 5.56 mm round. Including Danmark, Norway, UK, the Netherlands, Germany, France, Italy and Spain. Not too mention the USA and Canada and various SE Asian and Mideast countries.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 2:20:03 AM EDT
[#17]
I would take a different meaning from that article and subsequent posts all together:

That is is best example I have seen in a while to resist becoming an unarmed society ourselves.

We all know the lie most often used by the "liberal's" is for crime control. A cursory unbiased examination of the facts blows that concept away and leaves one asking the real question, "Why would a government want an unarmed population".

[red][b]CONTROL.[/b][/red]

Let's not slack off the fight to preserve our rights because of a "friendly" adminstration being in office.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 6:15:50 AM EDT
[#18]
No, Paolo, I do look at US history in the same light.  What the US and U.S.Grant did was nothing short of what Nazi Germany did during WWII.  Compare a US President and Hitler?  Sure.  
They were very similar.

The past is past, we are looking at today.  Do I believe that Israel deserves to maintain it's security?  Sure.  Does Palestine deserve Statehood?  Sure.  But why is it that the US always puts pressure on the Palestinians to yield and gives Israel a free hand to pursue ethnic cleasing?  We have sanctions against Iraq, yet we give Israel a free hand.

If we are going to look one way, that's something else.  We are FUNDING this campaign.  I really do believe that if the Jewish lobby was weaker in the US, the US government would put more pressure on the Israeli government to settle this, compromises would be made, and peace might be had.

No matter how you dice it, the Palestinians are getting the shaft.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 6:32:07 AM EDT
[#19]
I got a better idea.  How about when the the rock throwers get started, the Israeli's use helicopters and cargo planes to drop tons of boulders, paving stones, belgian block, etc. on the crowd!

"In the spirit of non escalation, when we came under attack from a bunch of rock throwing rioters, we did not use rifles. We just 'responded in-kind'."

Wonder what Dr. Knudsen would have to say about that?
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 9:08:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Typical NWO liberal...trying to demonize anybody who protects him/herself. I too sometimes wonder why we've supported the Israelis for 50 yrs, when the arabs have the OIL, but I guess the Israelis have a better propaganda machine LOL

The AR15/M16 can be either a tack driver, or a terrible 'wounder'..depending upon what ammo and bbl twist you're using. A few yrs ago we experimented with some M855 ball ammo thru our older AR 'uppers' with the 1-12" twist bbl...got about 10"-12" groups at 50 meters with LOTS of keyholing.  Not very accurate for long range shooting, but those keyholing 62gr projectiles sure wound cause real bad wounds at ranges under 100m....  

Try some yourself..shoot some pumpkins or watermelons, or the like with M855 using 1-12" bbl, and then again using 1-9" and see the difference.  I'll bet you'll get much better simple penetration using the 1-9" bbls, and less "explosive destruction" of pumpkins [:D]

Just for the record, I don't want to be shot in the chest..OR..the abdomen.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 10:06:02 AM EDT
[#21]
consider the source, they are exagerating the what is really just normal wounds! it's coming from commie central! written at Berkley,ca. and for any palistinians here! let this be a lesson "People faced with rifles shouldn't throw stones!"
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 10:11:39 AM EDT
[#22]
consider the source, they are exagerating the what is really just normal wounds! it's coming from commie central! written at Berkley,ca. and for any palistinians here! let this be a lesson "People faced with rifles shouldn't throw stones!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top