Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2001 7:32:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:35:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting reading indeed.

Both their statements, and your reaction to them.

Thanks for this!
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:37:52 AM EDT
[#2]
What an ass. That is exactly why organized religion gets a bad name. religious people get cast in the same light as these pukes. Falwell & company are very close in extremeism to the fundamental Islamic's in their wacked out views.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:44:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I just emailed this link to my wife...  She's a VERY strong supporter of Pat Robertson.  

FWIW:  She has thought Falwell was a fraud for quite some time!
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:44:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I think maybe you talk too soon. Before this is over, lots of groups are going to be using this to further their agenda. It doesn’t make it right, but will still happen.

By the way where is the ACLU? Where’s Jessie Jackson? Al Sharpton?
And what about Louis Farrakkan (sp) isn’t he part of the nation of Islam?
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:47:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is he really saying that Osama Bin Laden is a agent of God - or that God wanted this to happen?

What a worthless human being.  I hope they tie him to the first bomb that gets dropped on Kabul.

View Quote

Well, GOD said that Pharoah was an agent of God, in persecuting the Israelites in Egypt. And when God delivered the Israelites from Pharoah, ALL the male children died, as well the entire egyptian army.

There are TW possible reactions you can have to this murderous act of these terrorists amd Falwell's comment (FWIW, I am NOT a big Falwell fan)-

You can get all angry and reject Falwell's comments out of hand, or

You can look into the substance of what Falwell is saying.

Assume God did ALLOW this to happen, for the reason Falwell stated. You can look at THAT two ways -

God is horrible for allowing thousands to die, or

God is immensely merciful, making good come out of bad, by issuing the call for hundreds of millions, the entire world in fact,  to return to Him for salvation, and to healing from this sinful act of these terrorists.

And let me address one other issue - this WAS a sinful act by these terrorists. God is never involved in sin. But He does allow it to happen. Ask this question - do you and I REALLY want God to INTERVENE and stop EVERY sinful act you and I commit, or just teh ones you and I approve that He intervene on. WHO is God???

God in HIs love and mercy is giving us a chance to repent. If you wanna get mad at God for that, that is your choice. And my choice.

Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:47:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:49:53 AM EDT
[#7]
While I don't particularly like these two individuals I happen to be a Christian.

All I have to comment on this matter is that the Bible states "great or mighty is the nation whose God is the Lord".

People who commit murder, (which Christians and I myself believe abortion is and America supports this) homosexuals, (America also support) not to mention removing prayer from schools and other public locations are all abominations in the site of God it would appear that America's God is not the Lord.

Again, I don't like these two guys and am not backing them in any way. However, as a Christian that knows (some of) God's word it makes me wonder if there is truth to what they say.

I think it's "religion" that makes them sound cruel. Religion is a horrible thing. Religion drives people away.

What these two people should focus on is the love of God and tell people that God loves unconditionally and if we seek and trust God, our nation will find the healing that it so desperately needs because of these acts of terror.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:50:01 AM EDT
[#8]
HEY.......

...I love living in
[i]The Great Satan[/i]
so [-!-!-]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:56:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I completely agree with brother Pat and brother Jerry. Now all we need to do to prevent this in the future is to send them lots and lots of money so they can do Gods work and fix things like this.
Garbage like this reafirms why I am opposed to the church. The church has, always has had and always will have people like them operating them.
I've been listening to Billy Graham on CNN this morning and he is equally disgusting calling for understanding and not attack these poor misguided people that did this. That piece of garbage has stolen money from more people than the damn James/Younger gang ever dreamed about.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:57:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What these two people should focus on is the love of God and tell people that God loves unconditionally and if we seek and trust God, our nation will find the healing that it so desperately needs because of these acts of terror.
View Quote

That, coupled witht he message that God is holy, and cannot tolerate sin, would be the correct message.

In reality, God is merciful to us as a nation.

We have gotten away with LOTS more that God has permitted other nations to get away with.

And yet He offers us ANOTHER call back to Him.

God is an awesome, merciful, righteous God.

Link Posted: 9/14/2001 8:05:23 AM EDT
[#11]
i agree with g-man.  God is not responsible for doing this, but He does allow bad thinsg o happen to good people.  i think a better way to look at this is to say that we've turned our collective back to the Lord (as a nation).  as such, He will not directly harm us but we are not as protected as we would be if we were to more strongly embrace Him.

besides, all those that have accepted Christ and were killed in that incident are now aside the Master in Heaven.  they are beyond pain and suffering...for they are in Paradise.  we need to keep that in mind.  while we should look to serve Him while we are here, being called home to spend eternity with Him isn't a bad thing.  

look on the positive side, since this has happened it seems to have awoken the Holy Spirit in many people.  there are many going to church for the first time in a long time.  with any luck the uncertainty of these events have made people realize they have to get right with God--for none of us know when that day will come that we are called to leave this world.

sloth
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 8:09:17 AM EDT
[#12]
<< Anti standing by with a really big bucket of water to help douse Garandman when he's flamed >>
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 8:11:23 AM EDT
[#13]
In short, God is saying

"Here is what life looks like when you reject Me, as a nation."

When God is forced out of our lives, His protection goes with Him.

But He stands ready to come back into our lives, if we will let Him.

I think the WORST thing that could possibly come out of this is for us collectively to refuse to hear what God might be saying to us in this.

[size=4] AND IT [SIZE=6]STARTS[/SIZE=6] WITH THE CHRISITIANS[/size=4]

ii cHRONICLES 7:14

if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Link Posted: 9/14/2001 8:11:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Or could it be:

God doesn't exist.

Link Posted: 9/14/2001 8:12:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
<< Anti standing by with a really big bucket of water to help douse Garandman when he's flamed >>
View Quote

Dude-man

I GOT fire insurance.

[}:D]

Link Posted: 9/14/2001 8:13:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Yup. God has allowed this to happen for reasons that only He knows.  I don't figure I'll ever really understand those reasons, and I don't want to.  I just submit myself to God's will.

Now, I'm just waiting to see if it's God's will that we turn several Middle Eastern countries into permanent non-aggressors.

Hey, it must have been God's will that the Japanes bombed Pearl Harbor just as it is that we bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

I'm willing to go with the flow on this one too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 8:14:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Dude-man

I GOT fire insurance.

[}:D]

View Quote

Garandman,

I guess you've got a reserved seat for Eternity in the "Non-Smoking" section?
[0:)]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 8:17:44 AM EDT
[#18]
And ALL of what I've said above is NOT to say that it is not time to go out and AVENGE the deaths of the innocents at teh hands of the murderers.

For instance, the Jews and the Romans BOTH COLLUDED to crucify Christ, and  it was God's will that Christ die and rise again to accomplisg salvation.

But BOTH the Jews and the Romans have suffered mightily for their role in killing Christ.

God is in the business of making good come out of bad. If we'll let Him.

Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:23:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:25:51 AM EDT
[#20]
It's convenient in times such as these for all involved to believe they have some God on their side.
If it helps our soldiers fight harder, I'll even join them in a prayer.
I classify Falwell and Robertson right along with Harry Browne and Lew Rockwell and all the other assholes who take advantage of a tragedy such as this to say "neener neener neener, I told you so!"
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Frankly, if we kept our hands out of the Middle East, these people wouldn't care about us much eather way. Certainly not enough to launch suicide strikes against us.

Per Bin Laden's bio, he decided to wage war on the US because of our involvement in the Gulf War. It seems he wanted to defend Saudi Arabia, and he didn't like the fact that the US came in and did it. Perhaps he felt upstaged.

Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:28:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I personally remember a dude called Jesus - who preached tolerance and forgiveness.  D]
View Quote

You PERSONALLY remeber him?? You must be one old dude!!!!  [:D]

I can agree with much of your statement, except the part quoted above. (Leave it to me to pick ONE out [BD] )

Jesus preached righteousness, which is BY DEFINTION INtolerant. He also preached that frgiveness is ALWAYS preceeded by repentance.

Frankly, I attribute your (and MANY MANY other peoples) misunderstanding of Christ's true message to "religion."  I hate religion. it makes my job SO much harder. And displeases God.

re: Falwell / Robertson-

I'm kinda cheesed at Falwell, cuz he DEMOTED himself from being a minister of the gospel, to a politically oriented hack. When God is your Boss, that is a very bad career move. IMO. Odd part is, he says God told him to do it. I guess I won't speak for God, but doesn't seem like something the God of the Bible would do.

Robertson has always been too much like Christianity -lite for me. We ain't playin' games here, Pat.

In principle, I agree with Pat and Jerry's assesment. I just find their timing terrible. People have to be ready to hear from God, and the pain is too fresh right now for that to happen.

Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Frankly, if we kept our hands out of the Middle East, these people wouldn't care about us much eather way. Certainly not enough to launch suicide strikes against us.

Per Bin Laden's bio, he decided to wage war on the US because of our involvement in the Gulf War. It seems he wanted to defend Saudi Arabia, and he didn't like the fact that the US came in and did it. Perhaps he felt upstaged.

View Quote

DonS -

I agree with you.

IMO, the Arabs would lay off of us if we would quit meddling in their world.

Of course, we need to test my theory before we make it a policy, but I think its worth testing it AFTER we vaporize Bin Laden and his cronies.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:33:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:36:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Or could it be:

God doesn't exist.

View Quote

Of course God exist. He is a multi-billion dollar a year industry.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:38:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Well SAD but ture.  The good old U.S. of A will be held accountable for its deeds........
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:41:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Well SAD but ture.  The good old U.S. of A will be held accountable for its deeds........
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#28]
allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve," said Falwell
View Quote

This may be taken out of context, but I interpret it to mean that America deserves to be bombed and terrorized.  This POS needs to go join his buddies in the Taliban, or dance in the streets with the Palistinians.

F' him and all puke like him.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:53:39 AM EDT
[#29]
I never lost belief in God, I've always believed in him, not only when it was convenient. I do believe, in some way, that the following incidents where not only tragic, but also a blessing, not in disguise. Thousands may have died.... but the American people are uniting together... showing patriotism, praying together. There is even a national day of prayer now. Maybe prayer will be re-introduced in schools again. I don't see this as a complete tragedy... but more the rebirth of a nation.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:55:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Those two guys need to be introduced to keep them better occupied.

Pat, Jerry..... Jessica, Tammy and Monica.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 12:12:01 PM EDT
[#31]
yawheh, jehovah, allah.
they're all the same creator.
and everyone wants to kill in his name.
if we all call on him to help us kill, we're ALL going to die.
this isnt about faith, it's about power.

extremism and zealotry kill, not faith.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 12:15:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh bite me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top