Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2001 10:59:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:01:22 PM EDT
[#1]
In my opinion, they are trying to look good in the eyes of the media. Hopefully I am wrong when SHTF. We will just have to wait and see I reckon.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:02:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe this crisis has really had an effect on the world.  From what I have seen people every where have been really down.  The mood here at work has been really dreary.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:12:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I KNOW we can count on the UK, Australia, Canada, and maybe Germany. The laws in Germany have made it VERY difficult for the Bundeswehr to be allowed to deploy overseas, so we'll have to wait and se, but the germans are no strangers to terrorism, and could very well deploy. The Russians have even offered use of bases in Tajikistan(spelling?), and already have troops in place along the border with Afghanistan, so we can also probably count them in, too. Besides, the Russian Army has its' own axe to grind with Afghanistan. Anybody else, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 12:52:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know, the Limeys were balling their heads off when OUR Natiional Anthem was being played at Buckingham Palace. It must mean something.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 5:56:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Everybody's on our side at least for the moment.  Except perhaps those fucked up Frogs.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:41:45 AM EDT
[#6]
The French are now saying that it IS NOT an act of war and that we must not do anything hasty.

Totally incredible!
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:07:52 AM EDT
[#7]
They'll support us until gas prices go up.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:19:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Gas prices will go way down when we occupy Iraq and Exxon/Mobil are running the show. ;-)
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 8:17:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The French are now saying that it IS NOT an act of war and that we must not do anything hasty.

Totally incredible!
View Quote

precisely why i've always lamented the outcome of WW2 regardng the French.  should have used France for the Israelis.  wouldn't have disturbed those Palestinians so there wouldn't be the current troubles.  and no more French nation to be rescued TIME AND TIME AGAIN and then sit in judgement on the very nation(s) that helped them.  incredible.  do they have anything we want?  maybe not is the time to take it.  [:D]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:21:52 AM EDT
[#10]
The EU has pledged military support in BOTH hunting down Bin Laden AND punishing any state that has sheltered him or other terrorist groups.
I think the Taliban and the rest of them are about to shit themselves right now.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:28:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Gloftoe, I wondered the same thing, so I started reading other countries papers on line.  The London Times stated that there are over a hundred Brits missing in the WTC. I have a feeling many people from many countries were lost Tuesday.  

Larry
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:39:34 AM EDT
[#12]
The United States is in her time of need.  We are reaching out and calling in all of our markers for support.  I think we may be surprised by the support of some Asian countries too.  

I do know that when the bullets start to fly,  we will find out who our real allies are.  We will remember who helped and who didn't for a very long time too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:58:18 AM EDT
[#13]
The World is being politically correct.  Will they follow?  Do we need them?  
[%(]  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top