Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2001 10:19:49 PM EDT
A new recruiting tactic for the armed forces!

Details of offer:
1. Get shipped over to Afghanistan or whatever country is harboring terrorists.
2. Kill the enemy.
3. Whatever arms the person you kill is carrying, you get to keep!

Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:23:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Id go for that.  I hope I get to fight people with AUG's and G36's too.  [:D]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:25:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Sign me up BABY!
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 3:28:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Free AK's only dropped once.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 3:32:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd take some of that. [:D]

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 5:10:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Sighing up right now for some!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 5:12:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Too bad you wouldn't be able to get it home...
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:34:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Id go for that.  I hope I get to fight people with AUG's and G36's too.  [:D]
View Quote

If they're arming their soldiers with pricey G36's, I would expect them to be more than fairly competent with those weapons considering how advanced they are.  Long story short, I don't think I'd want to be on the other side of one of those things.  AUG's on the other hand, have no equal like the blue-blooded U.S. M16A2.  God Bless America.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:37:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Is there any legal way to bring them back, other than de-milled. I understand importation of AKs has been banned. What about licensed importers, Class 3 FFLs, SOTs ?
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:03:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Is there any legal way to bring them back, other than de-milled. I understand importation of AKs has been banned. What about licensed importers, Class 3 FFLs, SOTs ?
View Quote

There are these little things some call a "war trophy".  A buddy of mine has an amnesty AK47 that was brought back from Vietnam.  It's a machined receiver gun, pretty cool.

In almost every major conflict the US has been in, soldiers have been allowed to return with weapons they took from the enemy.  There is paperwork to be filled out by the soldier which is submitted for approval.  These weapons are placed on the NFA registry and are considered (or were historically) transferable items.

The laws have changed obviously, but a President can change that with a stroke of the pen (executive order).

Some soldiers brought guns back illegally and an amnesty was declared.  All you had to do was register the once illegal gun and it became legal to own.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:08:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I  think the prez would be able to do some sort of waiver to make this possible.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 9:55:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There are these little things some call a "war trophy".  A buddy of mine has an amnesty AK47 that was brought back from Vietnam.  It's a machined receiver gun, pretty cool.

In almost every major conflict the US has been in, soldiers have been allowed to return with weapons they took from the enemy.  There is paperwork to be filled out by the soldier which is submitted for approval.  These weapons are placed on the NFA registry and are considered (or were historically) transferable items.

The laws have changed obviously, but a President can change that with a stroke of the pen (executive order).

Some soldiers brought guns back illegally and an amnesty was declared.  All you had to do was register the once illegal gun and it became legal to own.
View Quote

Viet nam was the last exemption. It was the last time it was, and ever will be done.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:09:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Can I bring back a KVP machine gun (.50 cal ???) or RPG??
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:31:37 AM EDT
[#14]
I hope he's not in PRK or he may well be hosting a BBQ pretty soon. Hell anywhere in this country the ATF could still and would still BBQ anybody who does that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:47:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Free AK's only dropped once.
View Quote

And never shot!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:06:43 AM EDT
[#17]
I would like to order my Afgan AKs fried, deeeeeep fried. [pyro]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:06:56 PM EDT
[#18]
I hate to break it to you, but the Afghanis don't drop their weapons.  All the guns you might pick up will be empty, very hot, and covered with blood from the sorry sucko who died shooting it.

The Afghanis are tough mofos, don't presume t underestimate them.  

"Do what you will,
just don't think the Afghanis won't kill lots of us in a war."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top