Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2001 8:18:43 PM EDT
At a time like this I look to my brothers in arms for unity. Instead I get a lot of fuckheads mistaking racism for patriotism and separatism for nationalism. Well, it's been an interesting 2 years reading and replying, sometimes. To those members with intelligent heads on level shoulders: Good luck arguing with them. To "them": you guys are truly ignorant, well deserving of the same detached dissection given to animals in labs. My only advice to you is go back and finish 3rd grade. You bitch and moan about "foreigners" while not being able to even spell your grade-school words, and not realizing a majority of "foreigners", myself included, know far more about this country, and its language, and its Constitution than you'll ever desire to know. You're American by birth, but it ends there. I'm American by through desire and love of what makes this country. You have no idea what this country is all about.

I'll stick to technical forums, and leave the antis to gather ammo from this one. I may not make any difference to you guys, but how many members' voices of reason can we afford to lose?  
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:22:01 PM EDT
[#1]
It's spelled "thorough"
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:22:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Man I hate goodbye threads.

But, if you leave now, you lose and they win, it's as simple as that.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:28:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Well said, Buddha.
I agree with everything you said

(Psss...just don't mention the word "camel"...sheesh) [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:34:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Buddha, if there is one thing I learned in my 34yrs of being a minority in white America is to ignore the ignorant. I suggest you do the same. Ignore the post you do not like. The is called freedom of choice. There are a lot of good folks here. I have met a lot in person and I can honestly tell you this is a good board. But with freedom of choice, I guess you are also free to leave.

Oh BTW, Jewbroni, CAMEL!!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#6]
i know its a mess af rage right now. be glad people can vent here and not on the streets. i think if we wait a while, things will cool off.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't let them win, I'm fighting the same battle on glocktalk.  It's not pretty and at the end, no one wins.  We just have to learn to respect one another and accept that both sides have good points, whether the views are extreme, fair or simply based on reactions.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:42:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Buddha, if there is one thing I learned in my 34yrs of being a minority in white America is to ignore the ignorant.
View Quote

Well said, LT!  Sticks and stones may break my bones...

Buddha, if you leave, they win.  Stick on and help us out.  There's plenty of action for the choosing.  In a couple of days, things will have cooled down.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:Goatboy, I'm done with this GD forum
View Quote

[b][size=6]C-YA[/size=6][/b]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Buddah - come back -
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Buddha-

Sorry, dude...you can't leave until you reach Senior Member status.

As for the minorities on this Forum, let me tell you this---

Bein' a [b][red]RedHeaded[/red][/b][b]WhiteBoy[/b] makes me one of [i]THE[/i] major minorities on the face of the Planet...so, quitcherbitchin' about what color every/any one of us is and let's get fired up on the task at hand---DEFENDING FREEDOM.
Now, go have an ice cream.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:09:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Now, go have an ice cream.
View Quote

I have a scoop of Chocolate in a tall glass of rootbeer please [@:D]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:10:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:21:08 PM EDT
[#14]
the good news is you have only 174 posts. When you change your mind it will be easy to sign up with a new name (to save face when you return) and build your post count back up.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:31:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Running away from terrorists is not American, and that is exactly what you are doing.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:37:01 PM EDT
[#16]
He is running away from Americans who don't even know they themselves are terrorists. Ya so there are people pissed off right now but some of what is being said is inexcusable. This situation acted as a release mechanism: the masks have come off and you are seeing the true selves of those who populate these forums.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:58:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Get it straight, Imbroglio. He's running away from words on a screen that he interprets far too literally.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 12:04:27 AM EDT
[#18]
I completely understand his position. How can you interpret "kill all of the ragheads" or "as of this day I am teaching my children to hate all musims" any other way?
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 12:06:23 AM EDT
[#19]
No Boomer..... I believe Imbrog has it right.

They may be words on the screen, but those words are the face of those who wrote them.

Character is determined in how you react to that which is unexpected.  It is defined by how you react to the temptation and motive of doing evil.

Many here, have a low character.  Revenge is fine in my view, and a justifiable part of life.  Bigotry on the other hand, is bigotry.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2001 12:21:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Buddha – I don’t know if I agree or disagree with you on much of anything since the GD forum has gone pretty crazy the last few days.  

I will agree with those who state that if you leave, you lose.

If all you do is attack others to vent your own anger, please leave.  

If you want to distinguish between terrorists and innocent civilians, regardless of ethnicity, please stay – we need you.

Your statement that some in this country are Americans by birth and it stops there, is sadly true – I’ll agree on that.  

And I, too, miss CavVet.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 12:25:53 AM EDT
[#21]
We've always had a handful of bigots around here. That's no secret. I don't think this event has exposed or triggered any more.

While the statements are indeed harsh, the extreme circumstances and context in which they were uttered must be looked at as well.

Frankly, I'm kind of tired of all this sanctimonious crap about how everyone should be cool-headed unemotional about what has happened to us as a nation. If this hasn't made your blood boil, for some to the point of uttering things they may later regret or at least come to a better understanding of, then I simply can't imagine what possibly could.

Let the people get it out their system. In time it will subside on it's own.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 12:41:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
We've always had a handful of bigots around here. That's no secret. I don't think this event has exposed or triggered any more.

While the statements are indeed harsh, the extreme circumstances and context in which they were uttered must be looked at as well.

Frankly, I'm kind of tired of all this sanctimonious crap about how everyone should be cool-headed unemotional about what has happened to us as a nation. If this hasn't made your blood boil, for some to the point of uttering things they may later regret or at least come to a better understanding of, then I simply can't imagine what possibly could.

Let the people get it out their system. In time it will subside on it's own.
View Quote

You make another good point.  Getting this out of their systems would probably do a great deal of good.

I am still filled with rage.  I just don't want to aim it at you, or anyone else who doesn't deserve it.  

Some are ugly, some deserve death in a slow painful way.  Did I mention slow and painful?  I don't see how the blood wouldn't boil for anyone here.  No, don't be unemotional.  Just make sure your ACTIONS are aimed at the right people, and/or the right country.  

We on this board are made of many nationalities, races, etc....  We as Americans should understand that more then most.  When someone condemns and slanders all "Muslins" or those of "Arabic decent" they slander part of themselves.  They slander many Americans.

I could write forever on why this slander and bogotry is wrong.  

Either you get it or you don't.  If you don't,  you might as well be a terrorist.  You're thoughts are already closed and focused on hating a "group".

Just ranting boomer.  Nothing here aimed at you personally.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 1:02:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Well let's see. If it's not...
Blacks
Chinese
idiots in Kali
Brits
Euros
Japanese
Chicks
idiots in Kali
Mexicans

(did I forget anyone?)

...our resident bigots have to have someone to bitch about.

"Faced with a little adversity that racism shit gonna come out..."
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 1:23:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Someone that filters water is a racist. Stop drinking water.

Someone that owns a farm is racist. Stop eating.

Someone that makes cars is racist. Stop driving.

Why stop with this forum when a few ignorant tards seems to ruin everything for you?
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 1:32:42 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm not.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 1:34:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
"Faced with a little adversity that racism shit gonna come out..."
View Quote

"Little Adversity" you say?  Hmmm...  What would constitute a major incident to you?

The amount of censorship taking place here is troubling, but we are playing in GB's yard, so his rules apply.

I also wonder what these "sensitive" people would consider an effective response to this incident.  No clearly defined military targets will be located for these rag...errr..."people".  They live and move in neighborhoods of "innocents".

Do we have the backbone to kill enough of these "innocents" to make a difference?  They only understand violent, instant death.  Israel understands this, I fear we do not.

As I told ARLady in another thread, this is not the last incident that will occur in this nation by a long shot.  When the "Islamic Gentlemen" detonate an IND or Bioweapon that makes WTC look minor, we will see what the sensitive have to say then.  

There are several other points to be made, but getting locked out would be the result.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 1:55:40 AM EDT
[#27]
The quote has nothing to do with the WTC and everything to do with the lame bigoted posts. It came from the 70's---dealing with Vietnamese moving here and the problems they faced...
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 1:59:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Melon, you are trash pure & simple...
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 3:07:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Hmmmm....Camel Soup!
Quit crying dude, tears are for the ones who suffered in the tradegy. I know it is not fun or fair to be singled out...but youll find more support here than not! Now.......im gonna need  abig pot to stuff this camel into......any ideas.....
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 3:55:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Hey budha,

Where ya goin man? I can't believe there would be anywhere else as interesting as this one. Ya gotta stick around man. This forum can't afford to lose any more level headed people. There are a lot of sinners here who need your help. Jesus hung around with the sinners cause those were the ones who needed the most help.

Keep your chin up and don't get lazy on us now.

Besides, it's nice to see all the liberals who are buying and displaying flags instead of burning them. Even they are now wanting us to go kick some ass now :)
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 4:05:43 AM EDT
[#31]
I hate quitters.  All of 'em, regardless of
race.....
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 4:24:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Buddha don't go and don't give them the satisfaction of running you off this board.  You are right about unity in a time like this, but running away is not the answer. Stick around and ignore the ignorant. The majority of this board is with you.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 4:29:55 AM EDT
[#33]
If you go, the terrorist have won. You are being divided by the situation. Look at that flag and remember how we got it. Stay srong all.
[thinking]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 4:37:14 AM EDT
[#34]

All Your Taliban Are Belong To Us !

Link Posted: 9/16/2001 1:48:02 AM EDT
[#35]
ALL YOUR BUDDHA'S ARE BELONG TO US!!!!

Sorry, got back early tonight and was bored.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 5:09:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top