Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2001 7:05:41 PM EDT
With knifes.  Then turned around and said "Look what we did"- ouch.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#1]
At Sky Harbor airport.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:06:43 PM EDT
[#2]
On FOX.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:08:35 PM EDT
[#3]
... Oh great, I've got two flights out of there in the next month
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:11:10 PM EDT
[#4]
AZCentral.com has it too...

[url]http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/breaking/0913airport13.html[/url]

Flight crew deliberately breaches security at Sky Harbor
Judd Slivka and Sarah Anchors
The Arizona Republic
Sept. 13, 2001 06:10:00

A day of chaos and false starts at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport culminated in anger late this afternoon when a Northwest Airlines flight crew purposefully violated an airport security checkpoint to prove that airlines security contractors in Terminal 3 were not doing their job.

One member of the crew carried a corkscrew through the security screening. Another went through without a ticket or his identification badge and a third - believed to be part of Northwest's ground personnel - walked through the metal detectors with a pocketknife in his pocket.

After all three passed through, they went to airport officials and described what they did. The response was to empty the concourse, take passengers off a Delta Airlines flight that and re-screen all the passengers' carry-on luggage. Once the concourse had cleared, police bomb dogs walked through

About 200 passengers, many of them angry, had to go through security a second time.

"Government authorities are the ones who should be testing the security measures," said passenger Jon Wright, 39, of Atlanta. "If you have airline personnel test them, then you have a problem. You can't have civilians taking over the role of government."

Passenger service returned to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport today in fits and starts. Mostly fits.

As the Federal Aviation Administration lifted a ban on air travel at 8 a.m today, passengers and planes began spilling into the Phoenix airport. It was the same way all around the country and it made for a hectic - and often contradictory - day.

Airlines issued boarding passes for flights, then canceled the flights shortly before boarding. A Continental Airlines 737 that was supposed to ferry a crew to Houston late Wednesday night had its departure pushed back to 7 a.m. today, and then canceled entirely when there were complications with the flight plan. An America West Airbus A320 took off for Minneapolis today afternoon, then returned 20 minutes later to a runway of fire trucks after the plane's pilots reported "a smell in the cockpit."

(continued at web site link above)
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:55:52 PM EDT
[#5]
"Government authorities are the ones who should be testing the security measures," said passenger Jon Wright, 39, of Atlanta. "If you have airline personnel test them, then you have a problem. You can't have civilians taking over the role of government."

Life is really hard for this guy.

Jay
Arizona

"Life is hard:
It's harder if you're stupid"
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:00:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Life is really hard for this guy.

"Life is hard:
It's harder if you're stupid"
View Quote

What a dumb shit.  Instead of being pissed at the poor security at a time of increased danger, that moron is pissed because he's late for his flight???

Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:10:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Yea, then you might just demonstrate what compentency looks like, and that would make the government look bad.  Freakin' fool!
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:12:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:14:40 PM EDT
[#9]
[size=2]... man were a laughing stock here.
You should see the big production Channel 12 news is doing over frigging little finger nail clippers, nail files, tiny little manicuring scissors.

Several women interview say "it's soooo scary"

One sensible fellow interviewed says [i]paraphrased[/i] "I don't see anything here that would have prevented these recent tragedies"

... this is silly[/size=2]

Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:29:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I take it that my little swiss army key chain with it's dangerous 1" blade isn't going to make it through any more?
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:44:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 12:25:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
No peckerwood is going to jump me with a penknife and not get seriously fucked-up in the process!
View Quote

Yep, but you is an endangered species in this here USofA Sir.  We have raised a generation of Gender Sensitive, Racially Sensitive, powderpuff
"whatevers"(insert favorite non PC pejorative term)that wouldn't dare resist.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 12:43:16 AM EDT
[#13]
I still think the biggest problem is the "cooperate, retreat, call 911" mentality that the media/society has been pounding into people's heads in the last few decades.

Even when someone does defend themselves justifiably, the media often finds a way to paint the picture of a vigilante type, who "overreacted."  Not to mention that shooting a invader in your house today is likely to result in criminal or civil action against you.

Also there is a lot of apathy in most Americans.  How many times do you hear of an incident where a victim is beat or raped in front of a gawking crowd, or worse yet, folks that go on about their business, because they "don't want to get involved."  Frankly,  I wouldn't be surprised if the incidents of the last few days were completely removed from the minds of 90% of the country in a matter of weeks.

It's sad to say, but if America were to take no further action in this tragedy, I am willing to wager that most Americans will move on with their lives with the start of the new fall TV lineup...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top