Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2001 5:22:38 PM EDT
It has been announced that men have been arrested at LaGuardia tonight.  They had false pilot IDs and knives, and pilot certifications.  These terrorists are not Einsteins, but it is ridiculous that they thought they could get on board tonight.  I do not think they planned on being sucessful.  I am not sure why, but this smells.  Distraction maybe?
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
It has been announced that men have been arrested at LaGuardia tonight.  They had false pilot IDs and knives, and pilot certifications.  These terrorists are not Einsteins, but it is ridiculous that they thought they could get on board tonight.  I do not think they planned on being sucessful.  I am not sure why, but this smells.  Distraction maybe?
View Quote

actually, i think that this is the perfect time for them to try another attack.  it's the least expected thing.  what better time is there to attack than when it's least expected?  i mean, who would have thought that these jerks would have tried it again so soon with such strict (like they're going to do any good) regulations being imposed?  what moron would think he could actually succeed?  that kind of attitude alone is in their favor.  it is its own form of complacency, saying that we believe that the stricter regulations are going to stop this.  we should know darn good and well they won't.

i'm not the least surprised.

besides, keep in mind their mindset.  they will stop at nothing, nothing.  the closing of the airports was just a minor setback in their plans.  i'm sure this is just the beginning of a long list of activities that they're ready to cross of their "To Do" list.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 5:29:50 PM EDT
[#2]
It's been reported on FOX and is under investigation by the FBI that a 5th plane, "Delta", may have been targeted for a terror attack. It was grounded due to a flight cancellation. Upon news of the cancelled flight, three men became extremely irate and argued with the flight crew. It sounds like things could have been much much worse.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 5:33:33 PM EDT
[#3]
The whole country was warned of probable new attacks through leaks of Washington staffers yesterday.  So I disagree with you ARLady.  We are expecting it.

Link Posted: 9/13/2001 5:38:03 PM EDT
[#4]
 Well....  their intelligence, as it applies to the WTC was underestimated twice already and look at the results.  I don't know about everybody else but there is no question in my mind about who some of the real morons are.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Agreed Levi
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 5:51:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Unfortunately, there probably will be more attacks but of a different nature. - Mostly likely car bombs or some sort of chem/bio attack.  Remember, there's still around 50 terrorist types that were known to be in this country and are now unaccounted for.

The most common perception will be that the attack has happened and it's time to heal.  The most prudent phsycological thing for a terrorist group is to do something else to keep everyone in constant fear.  At least that's the way I perceive their way of thinking.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Man, you'd think that anyone who would whip out a knive and try to hijack a plane after tuesday would realize that he'd be gang-tackled by everyone from toddlers to linebackers to little old ladies before he could get the words out of his mouth.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:55:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The whole country was warned of probable new attacks through leaks of Washington staffers yesterday.  So I disagree with you ARLady.  We are expecting it.

View Quote

yes, i agree.  the prudent people shouldn't be surprised if they happened.  but i really think that the majority of Americans would have been surprised if a second attack came so soon after the first, especially if it came the same way.  i think that the terrorists would be counting on that kind of mentality.

as Beagle said, "The most common perception will be that the attack has happened and it's time to heal."  i think that is the premise that the majority of America is working from right now.  a second attack right now would be as surprising as the first.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top