Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2001 4:03:48 PM EDT
the text below is from the RATM site:

We've just been informed that Infopop, the company that hosts the Rage Against the Machine messageboard, will no longer donate their services to keep this message board running in light of repeated phone calls they have received from the Secret Service with regards to inflammatory posts on several of the forums. We are endeavoring to correct the situation and get your free exchange of information and ideas up and running as soon as possible.

We thank Infopop for their generosity during the past year.

In the meantime, you can use this messageboard here as a temporary
replacement.

Tom Morello, JK, and Schu.

end quote

the link goes : http://bbs.artistdirect.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=20445

check them out.. see if we can find something to have them shut down too.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 4:04:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Looked through the posts and didn't see anything overtly offensive, even this insightful comment:

"we talk about war and revolution and all this bullshit but if this is what we were really asking for i want no part of it. Fuck it all."
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 5:24:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Even though we all have the right to free speech, those punks ass freaks are really twisted. I hope they get shut down every time they find an ISP to restart. And I hope everyone will remember what they said and which side they supported when this is all over. Pay back is a bitch.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 7:12:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Even though we all have the right to free speech, those punks ass freaks are really twisted. I hope they get shut down every time they find an ISP to restart. And I hope everyone will remember what they said and which side they supported when this is all over. Pay back is a bitch.
View Quote

"they"??

i read that entire thread and it looks like only a couple people supported what NAP had to say. most people had pretty reasonable views about what happened, IMO. im assuming that most people read the first post or two and assumed the whole site should be shut down.[V]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 8:41:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

"they"??

i read that entire thread and it looks like only a couple people supported what NAP had to say. most people had pretty reasonable views about what happened, IMO. im assuming that most people read the first post or two and assumed the whole site should be shut down.[V]
View Quote

It is reasonable to assume that since their bullshit cost them a free site they are being on their best behavior for the time being.

In addition, much like the Democratic Party, they have stuck their finger in the air and are simply espousing pro American rhetoric because of the prevailing patriotic winds.

Given time they will be back to their anti American "must kill evil corporations" ways. But just to consider their "concept" that corporations may in fact BE EVIL, I urge all members here to conduct boycotts of, and generally harrass, the corporation known as SONY/EPIC Inc.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:26:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:31:11 PM EDT
[#7]
most of deroggatory comments were made by the same guy who runs "raise the fist" .com you really shouldn't stereotype all rage fans like that.  i think i counted maybe 4 or 5 people who were applauding out of 27000 registered members and at least 100 active members.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:16:48 PM EDT
[#8]
What's with the surge of new Junior Members here apologizing for RATM fans? What do these kids need to get their nuts to finally drop? Maybe a terrorist attack on a RATM concert? It's truly pathetic that these kids don't even realize that they are allowing themselves to be influenced and scammed by a band that isn't even true to the views they espouse.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top