Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2001 2:35:02 PM EDT
Gephardt just mentioned on Fox News that Congress is already discussing what this will entail.

Link Posted: 9/13/2001 2:53:02 PM EDT
[#1]
It will entail them kissing my ass!

We cannot let these terrorists have a TOTAL victory by forever changing our lifestyles to accomodate their theat.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 3:03:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Well said DriftPunch!  I feel the same way!
As if Driver licenses, CCW's and SSNumbers arent enough.

"Those who are willing to sacrifice a little freedom to gain a temporary false sence of security dersive neither freedom or security"  -- Ben Franklin

(that was off of memory, but I know its really close)

Link Posted: 9/13/2001 3:12:15 PM EDT
[#3]
be a cold day in hell. Take away THEIR damn rights-mostly their right to breathe.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 3:14:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 3:26:15 PM EDT
[#5]

[b]Don't Sacrifice Freedom[/b]

Thursday, September 13, 2001
By Glenn H. Reynolds.    

When things went wrong in ancient times, our pagan ancestors tried to appease the gods by destroying that which they held dearest, hoping that their sacrifice would purchase their safety.

In modern times, we sometimes resort to the same practice -- though what we are asked to place on the altar is not a goat, or even a child, but our freedom.

That's what happened after the 1995 Oklahoma City Bombing when we enacted the Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996, which drastically enhanced the power of law enforcement in all sorts of ways. Though even proponents of the act admitted that nothing in the law would have done anything to prevent the Oklahoma City bombing—the supposed reason for its existence—we still wound up passing the act.

read the whole thing here:

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,34300,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 3:34:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw the same show.  I have never been so angry at my own Countrymen (ya, I'm cutting him some slack).  What a useless piece of....
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 5:56:53 PM EDT
[#7]
If the ID cards go through... the terrorist's have truely won a victory.

They would have succeeded in changing our way of life, limiting our freedoms.

Retalitation needs to swift, but exacting. No coloateral damage. Just get the people involved. Otherwise we will be perpetuating the endless cycle of "we hit them, they hit us" because inocent's are involved.

Personally I think that we (the US military) need to start our own "Mussad" group of exterminators. Small groups with the only mission, to eliminate the few.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#8]
[size=2]... do you realize how many young Americans today think this would be perfectly acceptable[/size=2]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Well is just isn't Gephart. You saw that love fest on the capitol steps didn't you? The country is in such shock right now that there are some in the House and Senate taking advantage of the situtation by introducing and getting passed, with little to no opposition, their pet tyranny bills in the guise of fighting "terrorism"

If I were you all I would take time out from watching network coverage and start watching CSPAN1 and CSPAN2. I doubt most of you even know that the senate passed a Hatch/Kyl "anti-terrorism" bill today.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:27:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
[size=2]... do you realize how many young Americans today think this would be perfectly acceptable[/size=2]
View Quote

This young American doesn't find it acceptable, but I have a feeling you are right.

Kyle
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:29:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Once they give a nod to the Flag, I guarantee that the Democrats will fully exploit this tragedy to implement their fascist agenda.  Except maybe Zell Miller.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:31:33 PM EDT
[#12]

How about at the most National ID cards for the non-citizens of this country instead.  Don't see why we should have our freedoms restricted, its not us who is doing the terrorizing.    
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

How about at the most National ID cards for the non-citizens of this country instead.  Don't see why we should have our freedoms restricted, its not us who is doing the terrorizing.    
View Quote

I can guarantee that in a few years the cards would be extended to everyone, perhaps when the next atrocity happens.  We should not allow this to even took root.  Social Security numbers were once intended for only the Social Security system.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:37:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I rarely use profanity in a bbs, but I'll make an exception in this case..

"What the FUCK?!"

The USAF issued me dogtags, and an ID card..AND I was checked out for "Secret" clearance by the FBI..

The state of Michigan, and then Arizona issued me Driver's liscences..

The FAA has issued me an Airframe, and Powerplant Liscence..

I have a Social Security number..

I have a Phone number..

I have a Birth certificate, voter's registration, too much junk mail arriving at my mailing address, and thses FASCISTS want to subdivide this populace to a greater extent!?

Sorry Dickie Gephardt, but it'll be a cold, cold day in hell before I put up with more bullshit. The infringement upon the rights of the citizens of this Republic must stop, or YOU must go.

Pissed off in Arizona,

Meplat
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:37:58 PM EDT
[#15]
If it comes:

Name: Toby Robson
Addr:    XXXXXx
City:    St Ignatius State: MT Zip:59865

Organ Donor: Yes
Registered voter: Yes     Active: Yes
Vehicle Operator Class A
Concealed Weapon Carry: God Damn Right.

National ID would be a disaster.  I will not register.

Zaz

Link Posted: 9/14/2001 12:00:01 AM EDT
[#16]
I have heard that among of the provisions of the NIDC will be that you will NOT be able legally be employed without one. Also if you receive any fed benefits those will go bye bye without the card.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 1:31:44 AM EDT
[#17]

Cant be legally employed = cant pay income tax
[bouce]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top