Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2001 11:00:39 AM EDT
[b]ATTENTION EVERYONE:[/b]

There are squirmishes taking place coast-to-coast that are not being publicized via the media, but are being seen out of our windows.  Neighbors accusing neighbors of supporting terrorist activities.  White supremecists running amuck, while being visibly armed to the teeth...

I am asking EVERYONE to please keep your emotions under control and for God's sake DO NOT post ~any~ racial slurs or make ~any~ statements to the effect of, "Kill em all and let God sort them out." Is this what we have become, because of a terrorist action..?  If it is, then "they" have already won!

I am making this post as a *WARNING* of sorts: Due to the overwhelming statements of hatred and biggotry being misdirected right now, there has been a bit of "official" talk about temporarily shutting down these boards for a cooling off period.

We can't allow this to happen, but we also can't continue on our path of distraction and/or distruction either. A very large number of our membership base tends to fit specific ethnic origins, so any statements being made, could very easily hurt your brothers and sisters.

This behavior is hitting deep into the core of at least one family on this board, like a cancer, so please take this into consideration.

Thank you, and GOD Bless America!
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:02:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Well said, and thank you. "If we don't hang together, we will surely hang separately".
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Hell I was accused by one of your own staff of defending the actions of the terrorists and murder of thousands of Americans.

I usually just let things go, but something like this pisses me off to no end.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:09:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hell I was accused by one of your own staff of defending the actions of the terrorists and murder of thousands of Americans.
View Quote

[b]THAT[/b] pissed you off???

Geeeeez - I thought you had thicker skin than
that.  You act like our country was just
attacked by terrorists or something.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:10:55 AM EDT
[#4]
These cowardly bastards can attack us all they want, but they can't defeat us unless we allow our anger to blind us as to who and what the [b]Real[/b] enemy is. Like it or not folks, America is made up from folks of all races and national origins.  You mix all the different colors together and you get black, which is what the color our hearts should be filled with for those who are [b]truly[/b] guilty of this atrocity.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:12:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Let me make myself perfectly clear:

The staff here is very emotionally charged and "trigger happy" right now, so if you wish to remain an active member...
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:14:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Let me make myself perfectly clear:

The staff here is very emotionally charged and "trigger happy" right now, so if you wish to remain an active member...
View Quote

Just trying to lighten the mood, Tim.  If
anybody should understand my sarcasm, Imbroglio
should.  Don't you think???????
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:14:36 AM EDT
[#7]
You mix all the different colors together and you get black, which is what the color our hearts should be filled with for those who are truly guilty of this atrocity.
View Quote

Hate will burn you up...  On the otherhand, retribution will give you something to look forward to!
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:15:35 AM EDT
[#8]
A3KID: I was not referring to you!
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:16:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Hell, I'm a redneck!  What'd ya expect??
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:33:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A3KID: I was not referring to you!

{ Edited By ANTIUSSA on 9/13/2001 3:15:11 PM ]

View Quote

Anti -

You are as bad as me - having to edit a post with only seven words in it.

[}:D]

Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:55:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hate will burn you up...  On the otherhand, retribution will give you something to look forward to!
View Quote

Hate might be defined as a vacuum of forgiveness.

This incident will be a true test of most Christians' ability to forgive.  Timing, of course, is everything.  Do we forgive those who tresspassed against us before or after we kill them?
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 12:11:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Do we forgive those who tresspassed against us before or after we kill them?
View Quote

After. They are more "repentant" then.  [}:D]

Link Posted: 9/13/2001 12:28:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Hello all.

I hope that we can, as brothers in arms, be more tolerant of each other in these times. I have only posted once since this whole tragedy began... I watch the news, go to work, and read many of your posts. I haven't done much else since this all began.

Since I am "only" 29, and have never served, I think I may join the reserves. I don't want glory... and I don't think I am bloodthirsty... but now more than ever I feel the need to serve my country.

I just wanted to say that I hope to see all of us here at AR15.com do a little less bickering between ourselves, and see us think more about what we say before we say it - although emotions running high makes this very difficult at times.

God Bless America

Tyler
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 12:38:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 1:01:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 1:26:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Maynard,  You should attemp to comprehend what is being said...

Again, we have very itchy trigger fingers right now!
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 1:40:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Goatboy, If you capitulate and shut down the site, then those who have used this site to spew hate are the winners.
Lock or ban those responsible, but don't let a few hotheads dictate this site.
my .02
SPECTRE out...
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have no problem locking up the boards and not allowing anyone access to them for a few days until we all have time to relax and think things through.
View Quote

I believe you are sorely mistaken if you think that simply closing these boards down for a few days is somehow going to make everything better. Not only that, but in my opinion doing so would only further the terrorists goals by contributing to the disruption of our lives. Do as you wish, GB, but I would recommend thinking long and hard before following through with such a threat. People need to deal with their shock, disbelief, and rage. I fail to see how leaving them to their own devices rather than allowing them to vent here where others can offer appropriate support and guidance in dealing with their emotions would somehow be the better course.

I also agree with an earlier post that anti-USSA is probably not the most appropriate messenger of love, peace, and tolerance.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 2:01:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Nuke them until the sand glows in the daylight.
And by them I mean who ever or what ever country harbors them. I am not angry, it runs much deeper than that. I got this tude from watching the news last night and seeing the people in the streets of Jerusalem laughing and that Bitch wagging her tongue at the camera.
Happiness is Glowing Sand. Sorry if this is not PC.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 2:10:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Boomer,
 I case you haven't noticed, anti is doing as much, if not more, than anyone to try to get people here to think things thru, and think with their head as well as their hearts.  Like him or not, at least he's trying to do something!
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 2:29:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Don, I can appreciate what anti is trying to do. Unfortunately, his ummm, shall we say, controversial history, does not lend itself easily to his current efforts. Threatening fellow members is probably not the wisest of tactics at this time, either. That's almost like an inhouse brand of terrorism in itself.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 2:57:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#24]
seeing the people in the streets of Jerusalem laughing
View Quote

I say let them laugh...the part that gets to me is what happened on Tuesday.  And I'm feeling charged and ready to fight back.  However I'm not for doing exactly an eye for an eye type of thing, cut off three fingers for three fingers type of thing.

[b]For the terrorists who acted/planned this thing:[/b]
Simple
extermination
and
removal
from
the
gene
pool

If a country gets in the way, we will push them out of the way or go over the top of them.

It is an emotional time for all, but sometimes emotions can get in the way.  Either push those emotions out of the way or use them to your advantage.

- Robbie
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 3:02:27 PM EDT
[#25]
What reason would you have to suspend me?
View Quote

Irrelevant, this is a private "place."
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 3:06:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Yet another thread PLEADING for civility gone south.....  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 3:14:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Yet another thread PLEADING for civility gone south.....  [rolleyes]
View Quote

Just because I'm in Arizona...

...oh wait...you didn't mean South-south...you meant...

*teehee*
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 3:17:17 PM EDT
[#28]
I concur with you Anti.

This is GB's house and those that chose not to respect the owner of the house, should be warned first and then if they continue...expel them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 3:42:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
In the interest on appearing to be fair
View Quote

Agreed, but that's assuming that there's an interest to be fair which they don't have to do.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 4:03:17 PM EDT
[#31]
good point, robbie.

i'd like to add that many here are, in my opinion, using the events that have happened to progate their own hatred and bigotry.  they are hiding behind the "i'm just really [expletive] angry.  it's just the anger."

bull.  i'm angry as hell too.  but i don't hate anyone over this.  i hate their actions and i deplore their twisted interpretation of their religion that "supports" these kinds of actions.

if anybody doesn't like the rules that have been handed down, you're free to leave.  this is our home too.  i wouldn't let you talk like this in my home.  and GB has requested that you don't talk like this in his home.  either honor his request or suffer the consequences.

and no, that's not a threat.  that's just a statement of fact of what you can expect.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Perfectly ironic that you post this considering you are one of the biggest hotheads on the board in my opinion.
View Quote

[b]Maynard[/b], you're a stand-up guy.  I like you and think you've got good quality posts.

But, this just ain't the time.  Tim's put up with enough crap lately.  Now, he's getting more in the form of having to watch a board that's seething.

Leave it be...  There's more important places to direct your anger.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:34:33 PM EDT
[#33]

Where the heck is that guy... Rodney King... when you need him the most for a few words of encouragement.

Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:54:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Did somebody delete Scarecrows pic of Bin-Laden with a building stuck up his butt?  It was gross, but I don't think it was racist.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#35]
In my opinion it is precisly this mamby pamby pussy whipped politically correct type of society we have beome which incites rather than deters terrorism. They just plain don't have the fear of our wrath instilled in them so they feel they can do this shit to us.

I say lets call a shovel a shovel and bury that shovel deep in the sand if it beocmes a thorn in our side.

First thing I have heard AZ John McCain say I agreed with is "May God be merciful because we won't"
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:44:10 PM EDT
[#37]
I think the bigger display of ignorance is by those who continually take it absolutely literally every time someone says "Nuke 'em all". Maybe you types could grow some skin or something. Geez, no wonder they think we are such a soft, easy target.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 12:40:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Go to a temple and yell "kill all Jews" and see how they take it.

Until you are personally subjected to bigotry and racism you will never understand what it feels like. It isn't just words but it strikes to your inner being. Unfortunately if you are caucasian you most likely will go your entire life without running into any, so it is easy to do a hand waive and dismiss it as "having thin skin". That is unless you are a white land owner in South Africa.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 12:47:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Perfectly ironic that you post this considering you are one of the biggest hotheads on the board in my opinion.
View Quote

[b]Maynard[/b], you're a stand-up guy.  I like you and think you've got good quality posts.

But, this just ain't the time.  Tim's put up with enough crap lately.  Now, he's getting more in the form of having to watch a board that's seething.

Leave it be...  There's more important places to direct your anger.

Mike
View Quote

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not angry at Anti nor do I wish him any ill. I said what I felt, nothing more.

I'll leave him be.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 1:09:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Go to a temple and yell "kill all Jews" and see how they take it.

Until you are personally subjected to bigotry and racism you will never understand what it feels like. It isn't just words but it strikes to your inner being. Unfortunately if you are caucasian you most likely will go your entire life without running into any, so it is easy to do a hand waive and dismiss it as "having thin skin". That is unless you are a white land owner in South Africa.
View Quote

Yeah, I suppose being surrounded by about 20 black kids, called a "white bee", and beaten at the age of 12 doesn't count as being subjected to racism.

Occassionally being subjected to offensive and outright ignorant comments regarding my religion both in real life and in these forums probably doesn't qualify as having been subjected to bigotry, does it?

White people are the only perpetrators of racism and bigotry in these good old United States of America, aren't we?

Or maybe, just maybe, not everyone in this country is running around with a chip on their shoulders looking for reasons to be offended.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 1:25:31 AM EDT
[#41]
I am not saying that white people are the only perpretators of racism.

I am just saying that most will never experience it themselves, so they don't know what it feels like when they do it to others.

Aww hell I think it is time for a group hug.

I love you man!
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 1:50:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I am just saying that most will never experience it themselves, so they don't know what it feels like when they do it to others.
View Quote

That is probably a fairly accurate statement. Of course it would be just as accurate if we were talking about the Chinese in China, Latinos in South America, blacks in Africa, or, by God, Arabs in the middle east. So it's really kind of irrelevant. I'm pretty sure us Whities get at least a small taste of racism every time we see the Arabs burning effigies of us (Ever notice how it's always a white American. Kind of funny, huh?) or dancing in the streets in celebration of our deaths.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 3:26:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Just wait until the next time one of us boards a airplane and spots a couple of dudes from the Middle East, what will be going thru your mind?
But no we can't do that, that would be profiling and we have been brainwashed into a mind set that you don't do that!!!!. Let's see, what profiling means today. Officer, Sir what did that person who robbed you look like? Well he was 6ft tall and pink from head to toe. Officer, Sir I cannot put that in my report, that's against the law!! We are being taught not to believe anything we see or hear until we consult with the thought police.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top