Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2001 10:11:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:14:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Tensions are very high right now, so I'm sure that you have just spoken for the majority of us.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:14:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Raf,

The other day you were reminding us to keep our heads, that was good advice.  We all get emotional (some more than others) but we are still a family here...and you're still part of it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#3]
It happens in trying times such as these.

No sweat.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:17:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:21:50 AM EDT
[#5]
You ain't got the market cornered on being an ass, trust me. Hell, I've damn near made a career out of it! BTW, GoatBoy, did ya get my E-mail?
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:22:32 AM EDT
[#6]
What did I miss, raf? Maybe I wasn't looking that closely, but I surely didn't see anything that I took umbrage at!

And you know what a reasonable fellow I am!

Eric The(Reasonable-See!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#8]
As I write this I am watching CBS news interviewing another ex-Clinton regime member, SecDef Cohen droan on and on causing me to grind my teeth.  

This morning, Paul Harvey stated on his radio show that Clinton at one time had the exact whereabouts of Ben Ladin, but for no explainable reason refused to give the go-ahead to take him out. I've not seen anyone remark on it on any tv news network yet.  

I've seen all the former Clinton people, many who were out of the country in the UK and other places, giving the media their "EXPERTISE" and getting sicker and sicker.  When I saw Madeline Albright I immediately changed the channel.

I saw Powell calmy chat about the "episode" in New York, wondering if it was a taped session from months ago, his emotions where so flat and matter of fact.  Today I heard he talked down the use of the word "War".

Katey Kurick gave Laura Bush a hard time this morning, Peter Jennings and Tom Brokaw all but insinuated Bush was a coward for flying around on AirForce 1 in the midst of all this.

Friends and cousins missing in NY in the midst of all this.  Even members of this board may be down.  

Yes, I'm upset, and yes, I've been saying some really nasty things.  I apologize for any personal insults and insinuations I've made on this board too.  I am in desperate need to focus my anger.  I wonder why our leaders haven't talked more of the absolute hell we are going to unleash on these people.

My little daughter's best friend in school is an Ethiopian Moslem, and I've talked to her about how not all Moslems are bad, and neither she nor her family have done anything.  My daughter has a heart of gold and would not think any bad thoughts towards anyone.  I never want to change that in her.  But me, as I drive my girls to school, and I see the Islamic men and women waiting for buses to take them to work, I can't help but give second looks.  And I will be watching them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top