Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2001 9:04:15 AM EDT
Another way to help....

My boss, which used to work for the Navy in Crystal City, said the Navy is in need of some computers for the ones wiped out in the Pentagon.
Since we are upgrading, we have a few older PII 333 mhz machines we are going to try to donate.  

If anyone works for a company with older computers just laying around, it might be a good idea to ask about donating them to either the Pentagon, or maybe to some of the companies in the WTC.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:08:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I think IBM, EMC, HP, etc., should be the ones donating as opposed to the taxpayers who "donated" for the original equipment.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:14:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Since we are upgrading, we have a few older PII 333 mhz machines we are going to try to donate.
View Quote

That is pretty good. I'm still using an old Pen. I/133Mhz, just be sure that you delete all confidential data and run defrag on the hard drives to sanitize them before you donate them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:22:10 AM EDT
[#3]
We usually donate to the local schools, but like I said.  My boss worked for the Navy and said they are hurting for equipment.  He is now seeing if we can cut through the red tape and get these shipped over the Potomac.  

Of course, definately run a govt wipe on the Hard Drives.  Already done. [8D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top