Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2001 7:49:15 AM EDT
You all may or not remember that I joined the OCS program with the Texas National Guard.  Was shipping out Tuesday morning at the MEPS, Military Outprocessing station for intial training when the attacks hit.  Being 31 I handled the situation differently than the average 18-20 year olds.  But it was amazing to see the difference amungst the new recruits, everything from nervous laughter, to macho testosterone of "kill 'em all..."

I called my local unit to report my whereabouts, but no one is there as they have all been deployed to downtown Dallas.

Well, they kept us for 36 hours and finally cut us loose as they can't ship us until Monday due to the FAA groundings.

So, I get one more weekend at home.  Have been using my time wisely.  Got a BJ from the girlfriend last night, will get my fingerprints for my Form 1 today, and have scheduled an appointment to donate blood at my local red cross office tomorrow.

I am now, more than ever, glad of my decision to serve my country at this late age in my life...
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:54:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Glad to hear you got the BJ before the fingerprints, priorities you know ;-)

Anyway, best wishes for you. You're not that old bud, I'm 43 and I'd be next to you if I could.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:48:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Hell, I'm 69 and I'm joining up tomorrow!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top