Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2001 7:47:55 PM EDT
Whee! Not that it does me any immediate good, but I just went and put my first AR on layaway today. (Gotta satisfy the urge somehow, and still pay the bills. [:D])

Took a long time in deciding what I wanted, and finally found it for a good price today. Ended up getting a postban Bushy Dissipator. It's 'like new,' so I got it at a much discounted price from new. Some guy bought it, put a couple mags through it, and decided he wanted a longer barrel, so he brought it back.  Gun shop did a perfect job cleaning it up, and you can't even tell that it's been fired. This is exactly what i've been wanting.

So yeah. I've finally officially joined the ranks of AR owners. In part, for now, anyway. [;)] I'm happy with it.

Clint.

P.S.  Why do some stores like to play games?  After making my purchase, my roomie and I hit another store to further price check the Sig he wants, and the guy had a pre-ban AR for a ridiculously low price. It was an Essential Arms and when we asked about it, he immediately said that the price was a 'mistake on his part' and jumped it first one hundred, then later on, two hundred dollars.  He also played evasive games when I asked if he had any pre-ban documentation on the rifle, asking me, 'what documentation?' When I told him 'documentation cerifying that it was assembled complete before the ban,' he got all quiet and disinterested.

This is also despite the fact that it had a very, very loose upper to lower fit, completely worn inside parts, and a bent barrel. Someone was doing pull-ups on this thing.

I'm not trying to trash the guy or anything, but it amazes me that some folks think everyone is so clueless. The price increase was what did it for me. He obviously knew the rifle was at the least damaged goods, and priced it low. But then to play games trying to jump the price...  Whatever.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 9:25:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! Will do, just as soon as I get done paying her bail, and get her out of the gun shop safe and into my hands. [:)]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 9:42:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I was going to tell you to run away while the gettin is good, but its to late "You can check out anytime you want, but you can never leave".

Congratulations on getting your first AR15. It won't be the last. I like the longer radius on the Bushy Dissipator, but they always remind me of the rifles in the old Planet of The Apes.

While you collect some hi-cap magazines think about getting some replacement spring kits and repair kits. These will become priceless in the future if ever a part breaks in an emergency.

No Slack!
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 9:48:52 PM EDT
[#5]
There is no turning back.  Use you power wisely.[:D]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 9:51:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top