Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2006 2:40:40 PM EDT
I consider myself to be a solid member of the conservative base. I am progun and prolife. I support low taxes and also low government spending. I support our military and I support the war in Iraq (in as much as I think it was right to go in and I don't think that we can leave yet). I am for closing the border, deporting illegal aliens and punishing business owners who hire illegal aliens. I support military tribunals for terrorists and I support strong interrogation methods. Lastly, I want conservative judges on the federal benches who will not try and change the constitution into what they think it should be, or belive that the constitution is a "living document".

Now, I will admit that the Republicans in congress and the President have faltered on some of these issues. Other issues they have done well on. But what I do not and cannot understand is why in the name of everything holy and free that conservatives would be so furious with the Republican party that they would stay home on election day to allow the Demonrats take controll of this government. What issue has them so up angry?

Immigration? Congress passed and the President signed a bill to build a fence on the border. Sure, it won't close the entire border, but it is a good start. The Republicans in the House also killed the amnesty bill and passed a bill (that the Seneate refused) to make illegal immigrants felons.

Abortion/Stemcell Research? The President has stood steadfast against federal funding for embryonic stem cell research and so has the Republican congress. The President has also appointed 2 judges who are highly likely to overturn Roe v. Wade and the senate confirmed both of them despite the moanings of the Demonrats.

Gun rights? This congress let the 1994 AWB expire, passed a law to force the FBI to destroy records of NICS checks after 24 hours, passed the Protection for Lawful commerce in Arms act to kill frivilous lawsuits against the gun industry and killed the McCarthy attempt to expand the unconstitutional NICS checks.

Taxes? The President and the congress have teamed up to slash taxes. That act alone revived an economy that was in a recession when Bush took office and has spurred the stock market to record growth.

All of this progress will be LOST if the Demonrats win back congress. I keep hearing over and over that the Republicans will lose if the Republican base doesn't turn out. I want to know what in the hell would keep them home!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#1]
If conservatives stay home, Nancy Pelosi will be the next Speaker of the House.

That's reason enough NOT to stay home. Vote, dammit!

Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:46:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Anybody who doesn't vote (regardles of political afilliation) doesn't have much of a right to bitch.. imo.

/flame suit on
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:47:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Why is this post even here?
If you dont vote, Dont bitch about who wins
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anybody who doesn't vote (regardles of political afilliation) doesn't have much of a right to bitch.. imo.

/flame suit on

Preach it, brother!
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I already voted, and I will bitch to high heaven for 2 years straight if the Demonrats win!
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#6]
too occupied with surveilling heir kids myspace apges
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:50:28 PM EDT
[#7]
out of control spending, lack of border security, general lack of being a conservative.

I will hold my nose and vote, however.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:51:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm probably as mad at the republicans as anyone, over many many things.

Didn't stop me from voting, or voting R.

I do know several people personally, and many more online, who're longtime R voters who won't be voting that way this time around though.

And it's unlikely my candidates are going to win, which is pretty typical. Very rare for anyone I vote for to win in this state.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:52:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I already voted, and I will bitch to high heaven for 2 years straight if the Demonrats win!

You have "earned" the right to.. as have I and (I hope) the majority of ARFCOM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top