Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2001 7:15:33 PM EDT
All moderators and members as well as board users should be cautioned against the spread of wild rumors (Penn plane shot down).

Anyone with any military background knows the value of good and accurate intel.  Rumors need to be quashed in the early stages.

I ask that all users with valid posts continue to do so...

[b]But obvious posts that incite hysteria should be ignored and allowed to quietly waste away into page 2,3,4...[/b]

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:29:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I was home in bed sick yesterday, when my father called. He is a WWII vet and was obviously shaken up. He told me to turn on the TV, that we had been attacked. I turned on the TV, in time to witness the 1st tower collapse. I saw the whole ordeal. I came into the computer room around noon and logged on to this site. I was quitely angry, but in control. I'm a cop, and I have to stay in control. My thoughts were with the victims, and the cost to the nation, both in lives and the change this would bring on. I was amazed at the panic on this site. And was damn disappointed. "Lock and load", get out your gas mask, bunker up, shoot ragheads, and on and on... Amazing dribble from some usually astute observers. Most of whom I disagree strongly with at one time or another, but respect. Well, I lost a lot of respect for a lot of folks yesterday. 09/11/01, a day that will live forever in my memory. First for the dastardly, cowardly attack on innoncent Americans and our way of life. Secondly for the whining, simpering of so many board members. Some withstood the heat of the moment and let it temper them, make them harder like a good saber, others folded and ran about screeching "the sky is falling, the sky is falling".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top