Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2006 2:11:43 PM EDT
I've got a Toshiba laptop and the keyboard is acting up.  When I type "h" it puts out "lh".  There are a few other keys like that as well.  Does this sound like a virus or hardware issue?  A replacement keyboard from Toshiba is about $75.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:16:41 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds like a f-ud up keyboard.  Did you check ebay for replacements? They are usually quite a bit cheaper than from the manuf.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:18:40 PM EDT
[#2]
send the thing back and get a new one
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:20:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
sounds like a f-ud up keyboard.  Did you check ebay for replacements? They are usually quite a bit cheaper than from the manuf.

Not yet.  I did find a dealer witl a ke9yboard for $55, but I've never heard of them before.  Spare Parts Warehouse
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The warranty expired about 4 months ago.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:24:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Compaq and mine was acting up a little, too, but then I used that canned air and sprayed it out really good. Turn it upside down when you do it, though, otherwise all the junk just gets moved behind another key.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:29:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not yet.  I did find a dealer witl a ke9yboard for $55, but I've never heard of them before.  Spare Parts Warehouse

I take it you are on it now?
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:31:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:34:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:37:51 PM EDT
[#9]

My Toshiba Laptop does this too. After I run Spybot and reboot it works fine.

Link Posted: 11/2/2006 3:22:56 PM EDT
[#10]
connect an external keyboard and see what happens
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 3:25:58 PM EDT
[#11]
get a replacement keyboard off ebay.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The warranty expired about 4 months ago.

typical
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top