Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2001 7:10:40 PM EDT
You know. The one with the newscaster voiceovers, shocking images laden Celine Dion CRAP! I know it's only a matter of time, but they're soooo predictable it just makes me sick.

Sjerm
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:13:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Not long, and I'm sure it will be done by every liberal anti-gun musician in the country.  Who wants to be it's a cover of Imagine or Give peace a chance by John Lennon?

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:14:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Worse yet, a We Are The World type conglomeration!!! Getting ill already
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:24:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I heard one today using "Lightning crashes"!
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:30:07 PM EDT
[#4]
They've got one out with U2, I mentioned it earlier and it seems that it is not appreciated very much due to U2's political views.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I dislike tribute songs as much as you guys do.  The only tribute song I have heard so far was Faith Hill's rendition of The Star Spangled Banner with the only over-voices being those telling of heroic efforts by the men in New York.

This song should be played nation-wide.  I was on the verge of tears.  This song is the epidemy of strength, unity, and honor; which I am happy to say our country has shown so far.

When we find those responsible for this, they will face revenge in its purest form.  It's time to reap the whirlwind!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#6]
the song should be seek and destroy.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:55:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Man, that's a tough one.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:59:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I just heard one today using Don Henley's "In a New York Minute"
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 8:01:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I heard one today: Lee Greenwood's "Proud to be an American" interspersed with afore-mentioned news voices, etc. It was not stupid.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 8:05:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Metallica's "Don't tread on me" would be appropriate.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 8:09:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I heard one today: Lee Greenwood's "Proud to be an American" interspersed with afore-mentioned news voices, etc. It was not stupid.
View Quote

Maybe it's better than the original, but I got tired of it during Desert Storm.  One one hand, I think it's a great show of love for the country, but the other part of me just scoffs when he says things like "the flag still stands for freedom."  I need to get my father's flag from his funeral from my mom.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I heard "God Bless the USA" today, and interestingly, Enya's latest song, the name of which I don't know. It wasn't stupid.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 9:17:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Well....I rarely purchase music...
but if the money raised went toa fund to  prosecute (with extreme prejudice)the perpetrators or to an emergency relief fund (say for the EMT,Fire,NYPD folks) I'd buy a copy...

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 9:34:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Any group but congress.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 9:38:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I heard "God Bless the USA" today, and interestingly, Enya's latest song, the name of which I don't know. It wasn't stupid.
View Quote

Only time.

The one using lee greenwood is mixed with the lightning crashes.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 10:13:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I wouldn't mind them so much if they were good songs. I need one with max distortion and power chords. Turn up the fuc*ing gain!!! How about led Zepplin, "Dazed and Confused"? Then Metallica, "Seek and Destroy". Kind of puts it into context.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 4:09:17 AM EDT
[#17]
I'd like to see new footage of our nukes being lauched & striking the guilty bastards to AC/DC's "If You Want Blood, You Got It"

Guz
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 4:21:54 AM EDT
[#18]
One of our local radio stations was playing one all day yesterday.  It was Garth Brooks' "The Dance" with voiceovers of news commentators and President Bush.  It brought tears to my eyes.  Also not stupid.  [>(]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 4:33:05 AM EDT
[#19]
o.k., maybe it can be done well, BUT NO CELINE DION!

Sherm

Link Posted: 9/13/2001 4:33:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Don't be so friggin pessimistic you guys! There will be a song that will come out of this, or a rendition of an old song, that will touch the hearts of Americans in a special way!

I forget who it was that said it, but there was an old saying that went something like this -

[size=3]You write the laws a people live under,
I'll write the songs that they sing, And we'll see which has more of an impact on their lives.[/size=3]

Hyperbole, of course, but not too far off the mark!

Eric The('Dixie'sAlwaysBeenAFavoriteOfMine!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:55:10 AM EDT
[#21]
[b]The Star Spangled Banner[/b], by Francis Scott Key should be left alone as the [i]only[/i] appropriate tribute and rally song!

Robert Ioan, Pilot
US Airways B-737

Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:13:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Oh yes, Only in America can you have a national anthem that is the joining of a poem written by a patriotic prisoner and a beer drinking song.  I love this country, and I will be damned if I ever love another.

Chewie
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top