Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2006 6:38:09 PM EDT
I searched most places here and I give up.

Where has the section covering Ultra-compact laser sights gone??

I am after one. Where is a good place to start looking. Online shops etc.

Cheers in advance
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:40:36 PM EDT
[#1]
U wants the BEAMZ???

Check Uber Hot BEAMZ shiznet
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Couldnt see any on that sight??

Something like this Ebay

And what the diff between green and red dots?? [other than the color]

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Couldnt see any on that sight??

Something like this Ebay

And what the diff between green and red dots?? [other than the color]

Ok assuming that this isnt some troll post...

Red laser is usually only visible at the intended target.

Green laser is usually visible from the source to the target.

Green not so good for putting on a gun (not withstanding the green lasers the .mil uses with NV)

ETA the crap you are looking at on ebay is just that, crap.

here is a REAL laser weapon sight $672.00
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:57:44 PM EDT
[#4]
There was a guy selling green lasers pretty cheap in the EE. I think the name was 1337 tactical or something gay like that. Here is their site. www.1337tactical.com/pro-show.asp?column_cat_id=3&column_id=11
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:57:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Green is the center of the visible spectrum for humans, I believe that makes it easier to see. For a specific power level in watts (or milliwatts), green will appear brighter than any other color, if I understand it all correctly.

But I don't know where to buy them, sorry, I don't have any lasers.

ETA:

What about Crimson Trace? They sell lots of lasers, don't know if they're high-quality or not though.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:13:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought mine from "LASER DEVICES".

They are TOP NOTCH and NOT CHEAP.

They hold zero very well........

HK USP and HK USPc

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:29:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Not a troll post. Just dont know a thing about lasers.

Why is green no good?? Its to mount on the gas block of the AR15.

I liked the look of this one at 1337tactical cause it comes with a quick throw lever mount.

For using with Night Vision goggles and shooting out to 100yds MAX Proabably more around the 50yds.

Still unsure what you mean with the dif between green and red. The way I interpret it is... the red just shows on the target, but the green shows like a "laser" all the way??. Color me confused.

Which color are animals less likely to pick up?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:56:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Just found this in EE Beamshot

Its only for occasional use.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:50:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Not a troll post. Just dont know a thing about lasers.

Why is green no good?? Its to mount on the gas block of the AR15.

I liked the look of this one at 1337tactical cause it comes with a quick throw lever mount.

For using with Night Vision goggles and shooting out to 100yds MAX Proabably more around the 50yds.

Still unsure what you mean with the dif between green and red. The way I interpret it is... the red just shows on the target, but the green shows like a "laser" all the way??. Color me confused.

Which color are animals less likely to pick up?

Your eye has a bell shaped response to light called a photopic curve.  Basically, it says your eye is most sensitive to green light.  Since most of your OTC diode lasers are class IIIa limited to 5mW, the logic is 5mW of green is brighter than 5mW of red (against a neutral target).

Whether it's worth it, that's up to you.  Keep in mind your visual acuity works on contrast.  If the background is green (ie grass), the red dot is easier to detect than the green.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:54:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone have experience with the Surefire copy shown in the 1337tactical link?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top