Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2001 6:19:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:31:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah some arab looking guy was gleefully charging $5 last night and explaining that it was all out of his control WHILE HE CHUCKLED. Today he is on tv again and not very happy. He may be prosecuted said the AG here.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:34:38 AM EDT
[#2]
We didnt get any price gouging in GA, as it is illegal and all over the news to report any unusual priced gas stations to the news station.  No one here did the BS price increases like what happened in other parts of the country.

[beer]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:37:37 AM EDT
[#3]
All traitors will be shot.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:40:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't shoot em. Just remember how they chose to do business, remind anyone that might deal with em, and hound em til they either pack up, and scurry, or expire from self loathing..

My ammo is not worth wasing on bipedal piles of excrement..

Meplat
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:43:44 AM EDT
[#5]
The Texas Attorney General was on TV on Tuesday giving out two 800 numbers for folks to call if they saw any stations raising prices to extreme levels. Profiteering from American blood will not be tolerated.
Don't Mess With Texas.

Freedom isn't free
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
[img]http://www.inetnow.net/~kudzukid/enlemblem.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:48:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Were I live, the local media has been exposing these "gougers" and encouraging citizens to report gouging to the state attorney general.

If you see gouging, call the media and your state attorney general.  Try to get a picture (or other evidence) of the "gouger's" prices.  And advise the "mother fkr" what you are going to do.  Watch that greedy smirk disappear from his face!

DaMan
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:50:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Around here, prices sailed to $5.00+, but the Illinois Attorney General has promised to prosecute any and all stations that did this!

One station that was $1.99 yesterday morning, is $1.66 today.

The majority of our local stations have actually dropped anywhere for .15 to .40 per gallon, from the pre-attack prices.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:04:44 AM EDT
[#8]
The consumers must remember that panic buying enables price gouging.

You think gas is expensive now?  Wait 'til we start blowing stuff up over in the Middle East.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:17:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Hopefully this won't affect the middle east oil supply, if its only afganistan getting its ass kicked.

I purchased 3 boxes of monticristos just in case though.

Never wanna run out if there is a war
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:25:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I can see an independant gas station own who doesn't have the resources to absorb a big increase in price raising their prices.

I think radio stations are partly to blame. They started relaying (false) reports of $5 or $7 a gallon gasoline. The guy who owns a station or two is thinking "holy S&*$! Gas prices are going to go way up because of this! If I want to afford to refill my tanks at the higher prices, I'd better get more revenue in."

I'm sure there were some who just wanted to gouge. But there were probably more who were concerned about being able to pay for the next (more expensive) shipment of gas.

And as a part of basic economics, increases in price regulate demand. If there truly was a shortage of gasoline, doubling the price would make people justify a purchase to themselves. Do they really need to buy a full tank? Do they really need to fill up at all right now? It's economically enforced conservation.

Take a step back and take a look at it in the context of california's electricity problem. How many people here said "hey, that's how supply and demand works" are now saying "hey, they're traitors!"?

Just trying to bring some sanity before the lynching begins.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:35:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My ammo is not worth wasing on bipedal piles of excrement..

Meplat
View Quote

Go buy some wolf ammo. Its cheap and efective against bipedal excrement
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top