Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2001 6:16:17 PM EDT
I HAVE been under fire, and will do so again, if I have to. Better me than innocent people in this, or any other country. Those people who died deserve total victory. Those who remain deserve security. The only way for this to happen is to completely wipe out the threat.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I HAVE been under fire, and will do so again, if I have to. Better me than innocent people in this, or any other country. Those people who died deserve total victory. Those who remain deserve security. The only way for this to happen is to completely wipe out the threat.
View Quote

[size=6]AMEN[/size=6]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditto. I was active duty for 8 years. Spent a lot of time in Central America in the 80s then did the Desert Storm thing. I understand exactly what I am asking for and saying. We need to make it PERFECTLY clear to the rest of the world that we are SERIOUS about dealing with terrorists. It is something that the US has been letting slide for several years.

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:24:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know why the other thread got locked; raf has his opinion, I got mine. So what? he didn't start anything personal, and I had no intention of doing so, either. Oh well.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:27:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I cussed some, and shouted. Might have been that.

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:31:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#6]
RAF, in just ONE day we may very well have lost almost HALF the number of Americans that we lost in entire war in Viet Nam. Nobody likes to go to war. If we retaliate in a half assed manner we will for certain be the target for crap like this for the rest of the time you and I are alive. We MUST make it perfectly clear to the rest of the world that we will no longer tolerate them aiding terrorists.

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:03:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Gentlemen: I honor your service to our nation.
Maybe it's just that I see a bunch of young YAHOOS with NO concept of what the sting of war means screaming nonsense.
You vets that are considering re-upping have my deep respect, period.
I guess I just hate to see kids sent off to war, dammit.....
View Quote

I would rather see them sent off to fight while standing like men rather than see them blown to bits in terrorist attacks while we sit on our hands waiting for diplomacy to work.

War is hell, many of us know that first hand.  I rarely call for war but in a situation such as this there is no other option.  None of us like to see dead American soldiers, but damn it we must fight when attacked like this.  This attack is far worse than Pearl Harbor, don't you agree it warrants a full scale war in response?

I'm sure you do.  The question isn't "should" we fight but "when" and "where".

I personally am ready to go and I'm making arrangements each day to that end.  I'm a former Marine and I've been a successful business man for the last 10 years.  I'm stepping away from it all the day we declare war.  I'm going back since I'm still young enough and fit enough.  I would rather go than an 18 year old boy or girl who has their entire life ahead of them... I think most prior service / vets are considering re-enlisting.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 11:44:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 11:56:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I myself am a veteran and ready to go if need be.  I'm currently in college and in my early 20's and am more then willing to go when needed.  I would rather die with a rifle in my hands and a fighting chance then by some piece of shit terrorist killing me while I'm shopping at the local department store.  Yes there will be American casualties but in situations like this it is better to have casualties on the battlefield and know that your homeland is free and not fearful of attack.  I'm just waiting to see how this unfolds and if this turns into a full fledged war I'll be one of the first ones at the recruiting station signing papers.  I have also recently began a more strenuous workout regime just so I will be in the upmost condition if I do reenlist.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top