Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2006 4:30:44 PM EDT
I keep seeing "rollback!" signs in Wal-Mart's grocery side that are getting just plain stupid.

The Red Baron brand pizza is always three bucks a pizza.  But half the time it's displayed as selling for "two for $6" and the rest of the time it's displayed as being "Rollback from $3.78 to two for $6!"

Same thing holds for their flavored bottled water, it's always $1.78 for a four-pack unless it's being advertised with a special sticker as "Rollback from $2.22 to $1.78!"

What a crock of shit.  I wish they'd quit wasting everyone's time, lower prices by a penny, and just leave the same price tags up all the time.  Is anybody really fooled by this nonsense?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:32:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I'm not.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:32:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I keep seeing "rollback!" signs in Wal-Mart's grocery side that are getting just plain stupid.

The Red Baron brand pizza is always three bucks a pizza.  But half the time it's displayed as selling for "two for $6" and the rest of the time it's displayed as being "Rollback from $3.78 to two for $6!"

Same thing holds for their flavored bottled water, it's always $1.78 for a four-pack unless it's being advertised with a special sticker as "Rollback from $2.22 to $1.78!"

What a crock of shit.  I wish they'd quit wasting everyone's time, lower prices by a penny, and just leave the same price tags up all the time.  Is anybody really fooled by this nonsense?

The "Typical" American Consumer is "Mentally Challenged"
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#3]
How about the 1.75 quart icecream boxes now?  Remember when they were half gallon boxes?  

Not a true hijack.  Walmart sells icecream.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:35:13 PM EDT
[#4]

I agree with this 110% people are stupid and can not think for for them selves.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:38:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Rollbacks can last upwards of 90 days. If it is bringing in alot of business they may leave them that price for longer. But the fact is the regular retail price is 3.78.

The 2 for $6 is actually quite brilliant. When people see a sign saying "2 for $$$" or "10 for $$$" they tend to buy that quantity. Remember, most people are not very bright. Impulse buying is a huge money maker.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:38:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Another thing they do...

If you go to the clearance section, you'll see red price stickers that are on items. Alot of he stuff isn't on clearance. It's regular priced and put in the area with a red sticker.

I was told that all Walmart clearance stuff ends in .00

I still love the place.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:40:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The 2 for $6 is actually quite brilliant. When people see a sign saying "2 for $$$" or "10 for $$$" they tend to buy that quantity. Remember, most people are not very bright. Impulse buying is a huge money maker.

And most of that stuff they put out for bulk consumption is nearing its expiration date.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:48:35 PM EDT
[#8]
What used to be 8 packs of microwave popcorn are now 6 packs.  The cost per pack has gone up.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:51:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

First I would like to thank you for the uhhh, compliment. Second I would like to remind you that you are one of us. Have a nice day.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:52:18 PM EDT
[#10]
My $.50 per two liter bottle Sam's soda went up to $.58.

That is a 16% increase!

At least it is not made in China!

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:53:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Forward to John Stossel
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:03:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Shit! Now I feel like an idiot!
Just kidding, I'm not that dumb. We have a medium size retailer that just went bankrupt. The liquidators came in and marked everything to full retail and then gave 10-30% off! This is more than the store was selling it for before they went under!
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:11:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How about the 1.75 quart icecream boxes now?  Remember when they were half gallon boxes?  

Not a true hijack.  Walmart sells icecream.

I noticed that the other day.

I will only buy ice cream from Kroger now, because the only vanilla they had in something other than cheapo brand was in the $4 a box 1.75qt.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rollbacks can last upwards of 90 days. If it is bringing in alot of business they may leave them that price for longer. But the fact is the regular retail price is 3.78.

Yep, Winn-Dixie has these '10 for $10' deals all the time.  I see fools buying 10, not realizing 1 or 2 are the same price
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:17:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Walmat is the greatest thing that happened to the US economy
Sorry just kidding.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:20:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

First I would like to thank you for the uhhh, compliment. Second I would like to remind you that you are one of us. Have a nice day.

I think (hope) he put that there to see if any of us were paying attention.  You can't have 110% of a population---yet.

Dave.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:28:35 PM EDT
[#17]
That half of the population with below average intelligence shops at Wal-MArt and they don't care, or even notice.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:30:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I think (hope) he put that there to see if any of us were paying attention.  You can't have 110% of a population---yet.

Dave.

Sure. The legal population + undocumented population = at least 110%.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top