Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2001 6:15:22 PM EDT
[IMG]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1555545&a=13677826&p=54082603[/IMG]

Atop U.S. Embassy Nairobi, Kenya 1998.  Got out a year and a half ago as a Embassy Guard Sergeant. Going to school for free, paid by the MGIB and Illinois veterans fund, but damn I was happier overseas as a Marine.  Now that this event went down...Do I continue to earn a degree and strive to be a special agent in the U.S State Department or go for the short term happiness and re-enlist? I would severly hate it if I jumped the gun and ended up having terrorism to blame for my hot temper!  I don't ask this type of advice on forums, but I think there are enough former men of honor in here to get a well rounded opinion.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#1]
They GIVE you guys stuf like that to play with?! Man, DAMN! I thought I did OK with a '60.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:39:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Well Devil Dog,

I'm not sure what our response is going to be, but I'd stick to plan Alpha and get your degree, and go up the food chain, sounds like you are on the right path.

Semper Fi
Bulldog Out
USMC 85-91
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Re-enlist brother, I am.  I went to the recruiter at 11am on Tuesday after we were sure it was a terrorist attack.  Since you're only a year and a half out you know you won't need to be retrained.

I've been out of the Corps. for 10 years now but I was told I won't need to attend bootcamp or SOI (or whatever it is now days).  I'm a former 0311 so I can pretty much go right back in.

The process is started and I told them I will sign the final contract the day we declare war.  I would wait for that, then go for it man.  You can finish your school once you finish your tour of duty.  

Semper Fi
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top