Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2006 3:59:47 PM EDT
Anyone have ANY info on the "zipperer"? It was a " Case-Like" (The Famous folding knives) Or even a Case mde switch blade... It may have a diff name but this is what I was told it was called!!!

Please ANY info will be greatfully appreciated,
M
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:14:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a lttle more info...

It has a sliding lock and a little further up is the button to engage it. You also have to push the button to unlock the blade.

M
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:28:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Zipper
A Case switchblade with a square release button set into the handle.

Paladin: And the most valuable?
Langston: Once again, value is an subjective term. If you mean monetary value, the answer would probably be the Case zipper in coke or the Sheffield, both of which are featured in my book. However, there are other knives in the book that are much rarer. Case automatics tend to bring higher prices, since they are cross-collectible as automatics and as Case-marked examples. (Case knives are among the most sought after of all brands, and the rarity of the few styles of automatics produced by Case further enhances their desirability.) Interestingly, many models of Case autos were contract knives; that is, Case hired other companies to make them under the Case brand.

from here
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:53:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you! I found one at  an antique shop that has a specialization in knives. He didnt think it could be made to work so I got it for 20 bucks... I gutted it and cleaned everything.... It "works" kinda. The very tip of the blade is also missing. This is by far the nicest little knife I've seen... What would one cost that was in fair-good working condition, I really want one, and from reading the article it looks like I'm gonna have to pay for it!

Thanks,
M

It mentions two veriations in the book... This one looks similar to their Texas Toothpicks.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 9:16:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Good luck.

"Switchblades" are just like "Assault Weapons"
Even where that Case knife would be considered legal, people think they're illegal.

Add to that, most Case collectors are old timers...
And you've got 99% that are left of these knives, that will never see the light of day.

On the bright side, there are some current conversions being done with Case knives, on occasion. They usually go on pre-order, and sell out quickly, and IIRC go for around $300 or $400.

The old ones are just hard to find, you'll have to practically rely on dumb, stupid luck.

Hell, I even attend the annual Case swap meet, and I've never seen one personally.
I would suggest that you join the Case collector's club. You'd have the best odds of finding one through them, I think.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Besides Case, didn't Buck also make an automatic 110? Or similar model?
Looking for a vintage auto... I WILL eventually get a zipper though.

M
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top