BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/1/2006 12:19:33 PM EDT
CNN Reporting it as Breaking News.

Quote:
Sen. John Kerry issued a statement Wednesday apologizing to "any service member, family member, or American who was offended" by his comments to college students about getting "stuck in Iraq."

Wow. You think!?

Could have done the right thing yesterday. At least he admits he was wrong.

/Still a dumbass.

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:21:36 PM EDT
[#1]
He said the first from the heart.  People must think before they open their mouths, because once it is said, there is nothing you can do to take it back.

ETA:
On Nov 11 is Veterans Day. Remember:

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf
by George Orwell from Ch 43 of the SHtF story Deep Winter by Tom Sherry.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:22:49 PM EDT
[#2]
he Flip Flops yet again

He insults service members, says he's done nothing wrong, claims he'll never apologize, owes no apology. He apologizes.  Man, I can only imagine how fucked up things would be today if he had been elected.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:23:33 PM EDT
[#3]
It'd show a little more class if he backed it up with a donation to Fisher House or USO.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:24:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
he Flip Flops yet again

He actually insulted servicemembers before he praised them.

Too late, asshole!
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:25:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It'd show a little more class if he backed it up with a donation to Fisher House or USO.

Followed by his immediate resignation and suicide.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:26:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Wow. You think!?

He's too arrogant to apologize on his own accord. I bet you dollars to donuts he's apologizing only because he was told to do so by the DNC or they would disavow his pathetic, useless ass and never support him for office again.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:26:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I hate Kerry.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:27:15 PM EDT
[#8]
He's only doing it for political reasons.  Kerry is still an arrogant elitist ass.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:28:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#11]
he is still a fucking moron
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:29:13 PM EDT
[#12]
"I didn't support the troops before I did." Sen. Kerry
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:29:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Rush said he didn't apologize and that it was some article that was spinning bullshit.

What gives?

Sorry I only half-listen to Rush in the background, so I didn't catch what article he was referring to... but he seemed pretty damn positive there was No apology.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:30:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow. You think!?

He's too arrogant to apologize on his own accord. I bet you dollars to donuts he's apologizing only because he was told to do so by the DNC or they would disavow his pathetic, useless ass and never support him for office again.

My thinking also.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:31:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#16]
"I refused to apologize before apoligizing for it..."

"I voted for it before voting against it..."

Excuse me if I doubt his sincereity.

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Rush said he didn't apologize and that it was some article that was spinning bullshit.

What gives?

Sorry I only half-listen to Rush in the background, so I didn't catch what article he was referring to... but he seemed pretty damn positive there was No apology.

You are listening to a rebroadcast. Rush Live is Noon to 3pm EST. He is already off the air for today.

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Ya know, even if he DID apologize, who'd accept it?
Sorry, but what he said went waaaaaaaaaaaay over the line.
Backpeddling now makes me disrespect him even more.

If you're gonna be an a-hole, be an a-hole. Backpeddling just makes you look like a p*ssy.

Wow...been here too long...gonna go wash out my mouth with soap.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:36:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Apology definitely NOT accepted, you slimy piece of shit!

Fuck John Kerry with a sandstone dildo slathered in OC spray.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#20]
"CNN Reporting it as Breaking News"

Once again giving aid & comfort to to the enemy
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:41:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Ya know, even if he DID apologize, who'd accept it? The democrats.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:43:39 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
"CNN Reporting it as Breaking News"

Once again giving aid & comfort to to the enemy

Visit the new CNN website...

CNN new look

I hear it is going to be their new format in January 2007.

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#23]
He realized he was taking hits for it... Now he apologizes. I bet it's the most wooden, fake "apology" you have ever seen.

I am SO glad that idiot isn't the Commander in Chief.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:45:29 PM EDT
[#24]
So what!  Not one shred of sincerity, not one ounce of substance to that piece of shit, period.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:45:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Whatever.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:46:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Empty words from an empty suit; go figure.

I ain't buying it!
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:47:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Imperfect contrition

He doesn't truely mean it.

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Edit:
Apology is here.

blog.johnkerry.com/2006/11/a_statement_from_john_kerry.html

From John Kerry’s web site:

It is clear the Republican Party would rather talk about anything but their failed security policy. I don’t want my verbal slip to be a diversion from the real issues. I will continue to fight for a change of course to provide real security for our country, and a winning strategy for our troops.

Senator Kerry wouldn’t know real security if it bit him the ass.
Apology not except!
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:54:13 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf
from Ch 43 of the SHtF story Deep Winter by Tom Sherry.

No that's a quote from George Orwell.  Sounds like Mr. Sherry was doing a bit of plagerism.

He quoted it, but didn't say where. My bad, should've researched more.

Mr. Kerry can stuff those words where the sun don't shine.  F'em!
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:55:16 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

from Ch 43 of the SHtF story Deep Winter by Tom Sherry.

No that's a quote from George Orwell.  Sounds like Mr. Sherry was doing a bit of plagerism.

Not Orwell but Kipling, then again more Churchill.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
Alternative: "We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us."
Notes: allegedly said by George Orwell although there is no evidence that Orwell ever wrote or uttered either of these versions of this idea. They do bear some similarity to comments made in an essay that Orwell wrote on Rudyard Kipling, when quoting from one of his poems.
"Yes, making mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep" - Rudyard Kipling (Tommy)
"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it." - Jack Nicholson (A Few Good Men)
Alternative: "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - Winston Churchill (miscellaneous quotation, no date

I have the book of essays and it is Kipling that's quoted.  You'd imagine Churchill was quite familiar with Kipling also.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

What gives?

Might have done it after Rush was on.

And I'ld really like to see the actual statement.  See how he weasel worded it without admitting he was wrong.

Now if he had said "and get your administration stuck in Iraq." it would have still been a botched joke.  He still hasn't admitted that GW had a better GPA and a Maters he doesn't have.

I'm actually enjoying it more that it was a botched joke, because in his mind he was right and now everybody is jumping on him and kicking him.  Even the Dems are running up to kick him a few times while he is down.  Can you imagine how frustrated he is?  After all these years of never apologizing for things he really said and did, can you imagine how hard it hurts his ego to be apologizing for something he really didn't mean to say??

And after surviving the Swift Boating and the discharge papers (we never saw his original discharge did we? just the post Carter Amnesty version) and his testimony, he's watching his Presidential hopes swirl around and down the shitter for a minor slip of the tongue.

One botched joke, and it's all over.  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.  Darn.

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:03:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Thank God... Now I hope he does run in 2008... he'll be a shoe in for second place... which is to see he'll lose by a landslide. Why couldn't Hillary have said something like that?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Apology not accepted, asshat.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Apologize not accepted from a know traitor of the uniform.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:11:46 PM EDT
[#36]
"I apologize to no one"

But wait....

"I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative. I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended"

Translation:

"I'm sorry that service members and their families are too stupid to understand what I said -not that I ever suggested that they were stupid, in the first place."

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:12:52 PM EDT
[#37]
I seriously doubt Skerry's apology had even a shred of sincerity to it.

On the bright side, with this whole event, he completely killed his chances of ever being elected president I would think.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:14:06 PM EDT
[#38]
the quote is incomplete.  it started out as yet another cop out.  (sean pointed this out ast time a liberal apologized they do this all the time.  he apologizes not for what HE SAID, but for the fact that OTHER PEOPLE MISINTERPETED HIM.  IT's liek me hitting you as a child and then apologizing if you think you were hurt.) - but the apology came at the end.  it was the right thing to do, it takes  alot to apologize - even late.  eTA: I think everyone in the country sees through him....

"I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform and I personally apologize to any service member, family member or American who was offended," Kerry said in a statement.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
"I apologize to no one"

But wait....

"I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative. I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended"

Translation:

"I'm sorry that service members and their families are too stupid to understand what I said -not that I ever suggested that they were stupid, in the first place."

I think you understand what Kerry said better than Kerry does.

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Apology definitely NOT accepted, you slimy piece of shit!

Fuck John Kerry with a sandstone dildo slathered in OC spray.

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:20:23 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quote:
Sen. John Kerry issued a statement Wednesday apologizing to "any service member, family member, or American who was offended" by his comments to college students about getting "stuck in Iraq."

Wow. You think!?

/Still a dumbass.

He needs to admit it before a judge during his trial for treason.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:21:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:24:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Only about a day late...

But that's what I was looking for.  What a fucking Jackass!
~Dg84
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#44]
I thought my Senators are bad.

Ca- Feinstein/ Boxer
MA- Kerry/ Kennedy

Who would you rather be "stuck" with
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#45]
They call him Flipper........

I can't tell you how much I am enjoying this.  The Dems are eating their own, just like they did to poor Joe Lieberman as soon it became clear Ned Lamont was going to win the primary.  Now Lieberman is mopping the floor with Lamont and guess who's gonna need Joe Lieberman's votes more than ever for the next six years?  Ho, ho, ho! Democrats' inherent scumminess and complete lack of principle bites them in the ass yet again, and now Kerry's feeling their knives in his back.  It is to laugh, god I hope these creeps lose and lose BIG next week.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:38:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Fricikn DoucheBag
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:39:11 PM EDT
[#47]
I guess Jim Webb won't be returning his phone calls anymore.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:44:12 PM EDT
[#48]
This whole flap continues to reek of desperation.

If this is what it takes to energize the base fine, I have no sympathy for Kerry.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Kerry did not apologize

It is not an apology, it is a denial followed by rationalization.

He did not apologize for saying what he said he regrets his words were misinterpreted… which in itself is a LIE.

Read the so called "apology".

As a combat veteran, I want to make it clear to anyone in uniform and to their loved ones: my poorly stated joke at a rally was not about, and never intended to refer to any troop.

I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended.

It is clear the Republican Party would rather talk about anything but their failed security policy. I don’t want my verbal slip to be a diversion from the real issues. I will continue to fight for a change of course to provide real security for our country, and a winning strategy for our troops.

Translation... I did not do or say anything wrong those nasty Republicans are picking on me.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:55:12 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I seriously doubt Skerry's apology had even a shred of sincerity to it.

On the bright side, with this whole event, he completely killed his chances of ever being elected president I would think.

Don't bet on it.  Clinton went to Moscow and organized marches against his own country during Vietnam.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top