Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2001 5:36:59 PM EDT
Earlier today I wanted to reply to some of the posts that call for death to all Islamic people. But then I realized that I know little or nothing about the subject.  Rather than post, I emailed my half-brother Jeff, who works as a civilian contract network guy at a US airbase.  He is retired from the military, but during his time there, he traveled to a lot of Islamic areas.  And I remember him talking so positively about the peaceful beliefs of Islam, and his wonderful experiences with the Islamic people while he was "over there."

I just received his reply (below).  And as I suspected, he has some good insights into the problem.  Here are his words:

"To date Afghanistan has denied Osama Bin Laden’s involvement [as a terrorist] and has stated he does not have the resources to command such an attack.  I ask, how can they make such a statement when they placed him in the position of Commander of Afghanistan Forces on August 30, 2001?  This position alone would give him control of the entire Afghanistan state, considering its not a free state and the military controls its people as well as its internal affairs.  The Taliban placed him in control and by doing so told the world they stand by his values and beliefs.  Just three weeks before the attacks [on NYC/DC] Bin Laden said there would be unprecedented attacks against the United States.  I believe the only reason Afghanistan and the Bin Laden regime would deny responsibility would be to forgo retaliation until they can execute the rest of their plan.  I don’t think we’ve seen the last attack.  I condemn those that carried out the cowardly mission and I condemn their organization and the state or states that support them!  I believe there will be more terrorist attacks before its over.  The attacks we experienced today certainly fill Bin Laden’s message but, I think he has several plans in place and intends to carry out all plans regardless."

Well, Jeff has "been there and done that" as they say.  He is obviously anti-terrorist, even though many of his captivating tales speak highly of most Islamics.  He has a view, based on experience, that I cannot even come near to fathoming.  If he thinks Bin Ladin should be destroyed, then I do the same.

ARnSC  [pyro]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#1]
NO SHIT???? Afghanastan put bin laden in charge of their armed forced a week before the current atrocity????? And that country isn't melted down to nuclear slag yet? What's wrong with that picture?
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 5:56:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, pretty damned blatent, isn't it, oldschool?  I wish I could figure out how to get this message about Osama BinHorshit's promotion out to the group at large.  I haven't heard of it in the media, but Jeff keeps up with his friends back in the middle east.  And if he says it's true, then I believe him.

Thanks,

ARnSC
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 5:59:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I also noticed that Pakistan is getting just a bit nervous?
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:02:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I also noticed that Pakistan is getting just a bit nervous?
View Quote

I hope they have a damned good reason to be nervous, ECS... After seeing them laughing and dancing as our American brothers and sisters died horrible, gruesom deaths, they can all kiss my ass.  Whatever sympathy I ever had for the Palestinians was forever wiped out by those scenes.  Nukes for 'em would, IMHO, be terrific, but I think we should just let the Israelis have at 'em!  They'll do us proud!  

ArnSC          [kill]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top