Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2001 4:26:48 PM EDT
I started the LONG jurney to enlisting in the army today. I am 23 with a wife and two kids. I cannot stand around and do nothing. Anyone else doing the same?

R35
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:33:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:41:44 PM EDT
[#3]
God Bless!  Us old heads may have to follow later, but we WILL if need be.[%(]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:39:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Dude, your sentiments are noble...I admire them and you...question is, are you going to be able to do anything about them?? I did my time 30 some years ago...they never did turn us loose to do what we could do....the rest of the time was just harrassment by the lifers.....
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:41:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Good on ya Mate, and take a few friends with you. You are doing the right thing.

I am sure your family will be proud of you.

Remember avenge the fallen!
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:43:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Keep your ears and eyes open in basic and your mouth shut unless spoken to and you will do splendid. Welcome to the Club!

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:46:03 PM EDT
[#7]
since becouse of my foot probs i cant get into the army im gonan try for air guard. figure i could get a possion that doenst involve lugging a rifle around
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:52:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Good on ya... I've been in for just over 4 years
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top