Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2006 9:05:44 AM EDT
Here's the deal.......I am going to trade my 05 Toyota Tundra in for another truck. I am not sure what I want but I am thinking in the smaller truck/suv market. The tacoma is an awsome truck but I may as well keep the tundra for that kind of money. I am thinking domestic but possibly open to a nissan. What is the best bang for the buck? I don't want another high end, high dollar do all vehicle with more gadgets than I could possibly use. Should I possibly look in the used section? If so, then what is reliable, worth the cash and gonna last?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:19:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's the deal....if you're gonna drive a truck and not pay cash outright, you might as well keep the one you are already paying on....unless you can't swing the monthly payment, in which case you got bigger fish to fry anyway.  

Re-Post this question in another 9 years.  Then it will be time for a new truck, and hopefully you will have saved some money by then.  

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:32:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Here's the deal....if you're gonna drive a truck and not pay cash outright, you might as well keep the one you are already paying on....unless you can't swing the monthly payment, in which case you got bigger fish to fry anyway.  

Re-Post this question in another 9 years.  Then it will be time for a new truck, and hopefully you will have saved some money by then.  

Payment is not the problem at all. So glad you assumed. I could pay cash for a POS that is under $7500 but I travel a lot for work and want something reliable if I have to make the occasional 1000 mile round trip. I don't need the double cab Tundra that I have now and I am thinking I would be just as well off with something that is going to get better fuel milage. Thanks for your wisdom though.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:34:01 AM EDT
[#3]
In answer to your last sentance: Toyota.

But the real question is why? Why did you buy a truck you did not like? Why did you buy a bigger truck than you want? why do you think that buying down to the next lower size will change your circumstances?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Tunda:   15/18 MPG

Get a full sized diesel and you can do better!

Chevy Colorado - 18/24 mpg
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:43:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
In answer to your last sentance: Toyota.

But the real question is why? Why did you buy a truck you did not like? Why did you buy a bigger truck than you want? why do you think that buying down to the next lower size will change your circumstances?

I like the truck just fine. When I bought it I traveled extensively across the country racing motocross. The truck was comfortable for my wife and I and when my daughter would come there was plenty of room for all of us. We rarely take the truck anywhere now as a family. I use it primarily for work.

Let's just forget about all this other mumbo jumbo crap and I will ask again in a different way.

What mid line, mid size truck/suv is the best bang for the buck?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:44:37 AM EDT
[#6]
If you are using the truck for work, why does the mileage matter?

Doesn't work pay for the fuel, or isn't it deductible?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:47:19 AM EDT
[#7]
get a 2wd 4 cab tacoma
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top