Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2006 4:37:41 AM EDT
He's been gone for almost a year now, but I keep stumbling into pics that I have in boxes when I'm cleaning and reorganizing stuff.  

He loved the Air Force (B-36 mechanic), his country, his family, and working.  And the occassional Canada fishing trip with the family (my favorite Uncle is in the front of the boat and my Dad's best friend).  

Man, I miss my Dad.

vmax84

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:39:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I now have his boat in my pole barn.  I couldn't take it out last summer.............maybe next summer.  

vmax84
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:43:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I am lucky I still have my DAD.

sounds like you two were good friends as well.

memories will see you through it!

It is really funny how dumb my dad was when I 17,

Then when I moved out and got married ect.. he was the smartest man i knew.

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:44:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Good memories are the true estate loved ones leave when they pass on. I lost my grandpa recently and I'm thankful for the old pics of him I have.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:45:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry. I never knew my Dad, so in that respect you're pretty lucky. Just cherish all the memories.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:52:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Good memories are the true estate loved ones leave when they pass on. I lost my grandpa recently and I'm thankful for the old pics of him I have.

That's a great way to look at it....."Good memories are the true estate loved ones leave when they pass on".  It's so true with my Dad.  

November 17th will be a year since he's been gone.  Funny........I walk out into my pole barn and see his boat and motor, and it brings back all the great memories of him.  We had just as much fun shooting the sh$$, with our arms leaning on the boat, while it was parked in his pole barn on the trailor, drinking a couple beers, than we did fishing.  

Just hard to let go of great people.

vmax84
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:54:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Anyone can father a child, DADS are priceless.  

I recently lost my Paw Paw and my Pap Pap over 10 years ago.  My Dad and I are closer now than ever.  I try to think about what made each of them great and make myself a better Dad/Husband.

Sorry about your Dad.  It sounds like you are his heritage, Carry it on.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:56:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sorry. I never knew my Dad, so in that respect you're pretty lucky. Just cherish all the memories.

+1
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:59:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I hope you don't mind, but I tried to lighten the pic a little. Can only improve it so much. A larger scan might get better results.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:04:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow, that looks great!!  I do have it scanned in a very large format, but I used Imageshack to scale it down to fit the page.  My large scan is much clearer, but I like how you lightened it!!  Thank you.

vmax84
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:06:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Guess I better go get some of my "honey do" things done.  Thanks for listening.

vmax84
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:08:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Dang, man, I feel for ya.

I lost my dad just a year ago, and it hurts like nothing else.

Recently I found an old album of his WWII pictures.  He was so young and vigourous.  That's how I'll always remember him.

Thank you for sharing the cool memories.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:13:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I truely envy you guys that had a "Dad" in your lives.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top