Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2006 8:21:10 PM EDT
I just saw that the author of the book-Enemies foreign & domestic, came out with the sequel "Domestic Enemies"- is this new book any good? Is it as good as his first book?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just saw that the author of the book-Enemies foreign & domestic, came out with the sequel "Domestic Enemies"- is this new book any good? Is it as good as his first book?

bout friggin time, the first one was sooooo good.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:45:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Haven't read either yet, but a friend of mine who was a HUGE fan of the first one says that #2 is off-the-charts goodness. I'll be ordering my copies in the next few weeks.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:49:57 PM EDT
[#3]
DVD_Tracker has them at www.lifelibertyetc.com
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:01:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep.  Both books are great.  I can't wait for the third one.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:04:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Its on my list to order
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:07:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I really liked the first one, but I thought the second book was lacking.  It was a good book, I did enjoy it, but it was short on action.  I also thought it could have been about 100 pages shorter, there was a lot of "filler" that had nothing to do with the plot.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:30:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought the second was better than the first.  Can't wait for the third.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:29:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I put this in another post, but here it goes:

I just finished EFAD, and started DE. Unintended consequences is the only other book like this that I've really read. I wanted to compare the two and see what arfcom thinks.

I thought EFAD was pretty good. I found the plot believable enough to keep it entertaining without being too realistic. I kind of thought the love story angle was kind of forced. I think Matt writes well, and he didn't bog way down in gun trivia the way UC does. (Personally I kind of liked that about UC). I think EFAD could have used a little more plot development, and a little more of a surprise to keep people on their toes.

Although I found EFAD's governmental reaction a little more believable in general (sort of 'just keep doing what we're doing') and a bit more realistic than the one in UC, the character development in UC made their response a lot more interesting. You have to develop the good guys, AND the bad guys. I think there was a little too much focus on one or two bad guys, and making them out to be villanous in nature. (Lots of 'bad guys' blackslapping each other about sticking it to the 'gun nuts').

I just started DE and so far it isn't going well. Without providing a realistic transition path between EFAD and DE, the radical change at the beginning is just a little too incredulous to swallow. I'm only about one or two chapters in, but I'm not sure I'm that interested in persuing a novel that attempts to be realistic, but starts with what I saw as a very unrealistic beginning.

Your thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:40:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Own and and have read both. Highly recommended.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top