Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2006 8:12:50 PM EDT
I must admit, I've never watched a political ad that made me vote, or not vote for an individual candidate. I find them vapid and idiotic, from both sides and tend to ignore them. Do they have any effect on your vote?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Mass-marketing of any sort has been pretty useless on me.

They're aiming for the lowest common denominator.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#2]
nope i pretty much vote party line u
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:16:29 PM EDT
[#3]
So, it's whoever is the first one to say "Hey folks I'm completely full of shit and how do you like that? At least I'm honest about it!" He'll get my vote until death.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:18:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I am not so stupid and brainless that a 30 second ad can change my well-informed opinion
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:26:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Political advertising works that's why they do it.

One of my employees stated that he was voting for Mickey Mouse. He was going to vote for the D and then saw an R add talking about how the D had more opinions reversed than any Judge in state history.

I think that they serve to establish the credibility of the candidate and often times it is these adds that establish the direction the campaigns will follow.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:31:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Do political ads affect your vote?

Occasionally, albeit in a negative manner.

Every once in a while, the message is so lame, deceptive or downright stupid that it gives me a little extra motivation to vote against the candidate who produced it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:34:05 PM EDT
[#7]
As of yet no.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top