Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2006 6:33:15 PM EDT
Have wrappers of skittles and starburst littering my desk..
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Speaking of that.............my grammy gave me some the other day
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm still trying to decide whether or not to buy a ton of candy for the annual extortion parade tomorrow night - or hide in my house with the lights off.

I've already paid my subdivision "guilt tax" this year, by buying crap from all the little cute brats who came to sell me candy (or wrapping paper?  WTF?) for their school.  

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:41:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Ever notice Krackel candy bars are pretty addictive.

I think they have crack in them.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:45:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Busted, I've shown a great amount of self control up until now but tonight those bags just kept calling my name.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a bag of it in my car...I can help control myself a little better then
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I have no candy in my house and I have a dinner date after work tomorrow.  Sorry kids.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Will wind up eating the halloween candy anyway over a period of time . Most kids' parents  in the immediate neighborhood have been told not to take them trick or treating as its the devil's holiday.I think all the others go to parties or the mall for the treats.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:54:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Will wind up eating the halloween candy anyway over a period of time . Most kids' parents  in the immediate neighborhood have been told not to take them trick or treating as its the devil's holiday.I think all the others go to parties or the mall for the treats.

Are you serious?  

How idiotic are these people?   Don't they know that November 1 is All Saints Day, and the night before is thus Hallowed Eve, a christian celebration?

Good grief.  WTF is wrong with some people?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:57:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Wife was diagnosed a diabetic earlier in the year.  

No candy for me.  

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you serious?  

How idiotic are these people?   Don't they know that November 1 is All Saints Day, and the night before is thus Hallowed Eve, a christian celebration?

Catholic holiday, not for Protestants.

It's the "devils day" around here as well with many houses. They turn off the lights, close the drapes and huddle together and pray.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:10:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you serious?  

Catholic holiday, not for Protestants.

I'm not sure that's 100% correct (at least not for all denominations), since "All Saint's Eve" was something that people in Denmark used to observe, and would put lamps (carved from turnips) out to ward off evil spirits.  (I guess because everything is bigger in the U.S., people started using pumpkins instead or turnips )

I suppose it's possible that the custom went back to pre-reformation days only, but I believe it was still observed after the Reformation (and after we burned all our Catholics).

It's the "devils day" around here as well with many houses. They turn off the lights, close the drapes and huddle together and pray.

Sad and uneducated, IMO.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:25:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Naa i'll prolly hang out with the new girl tomorrow..
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:29:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I fear that the little children may not see any of the Skittles bags I bought for giving out.  Poor kids.  Looks like they are getting Ramen Noodles and skunky beer instead.

x156
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:37:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you serious?  

Yes its true.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Every time I eyeball the bags of candy, the wife gives me the evil eye... "Those are for the trick-or-treaters."

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought a bag of candy corn, and thats about it. I will probably hit the candy 50% (or whatever) sale on the 1st though..
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:45:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Reese's P B Cups, & M&M's
Yummy!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm doing a little taste testing right now; gotta do that 'quality' check don't cha know...
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#19]

I certify these Twizzlers are safe to pass out to the neighborhood kids.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:07:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I live in a dorm... don't get many trick or treaters here...
I still bought 2 bags of the good stuff though
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:13:53 AM EDT
[#21]
We're giving out cheap but good penut butter candy and cough drops.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:43:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Not me. I don't like <chomp, chomp> candy, I can't stand <crunch, crunc> all that crap.

Happy Halloween!
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#23]
I think that I've gained 10lbs this month from it
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Not till tonite. I'll probably eat most of the candy meant for the trick or treaters.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:52:32 AM EDT
[#25]
I get it in a few days when its cheap.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:02:56 AM EDT
[#26]
I have some little Kit Kat bars, but I'll save them until HALLOWEEN is over, before eating, just in case any trick or treaters stop by

I only bought one bag of kit kat and one bag of Tootsie roll pops

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top