Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 10/30/2006 5:11:59 PM EDT
I have never used it but what a resource for a employer to check out their employees.

so this guy calls in work saying how he is so ill he cannot even get out of bed, well he was dumb enough to post pics from a halloween party with references to Friday night and all of his friends were making comments on what a cool party it was...

idiots

makes my job easy.

I told him his fired, and he says u cannot fire me for being sick...

my reply, well my friend saw you at your halloween party you must have made one hell of a recovery.

his jaw just dropped and he said sorry and left.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#1]
lol, thats classic
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:15:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:16:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is my question:  If he would have been honest and told you that he was still shit faced drunk and hung over as hell, would you have fired him?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#4]
That is very cool.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:17:07 PM EDT
[#5]
your socks dont match....your fired
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:17:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Right to work states are so cool ... you can fire someone for any non-Federal reason (age, sex, sexual orientation, race, national origin, or religion).

Oh, you're left-handed ... you're fired!

im in CA, and were non union so you fuck up your fired.  The old manager would let everyone lie, steal, mouth off and not show up.

people are actually shocked when I fire them for lying, or missing work.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow! You're so fucking cool!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:26:02 PM EDT
[#8]
hmmm. kind of an asshole are ya? Fired him because he called in sick - because he was out last nite....Oh noes !!1!

Edit: You are prolly next for looking at myspace on company time..... what comes around....
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
hmmm. kind of an asshole are ya? Fired him because he called in sick - because he was out last nite....Oh noes !!1!

Yeah, what an asshole.  Firing people because they party all night, lie to their boss about being sick, and refuse to show up to work because they're tired.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:31:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I know. What's with all this hating of kids that should have their employers work for them!

IF IT WERE ME: He lied about the reason for not coming to work. FIRED. If he told the truth, I probably wouldn't fire him, but I would punish him.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't like your haircut .... you're fired!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Here is my question:  If he would have been honest and told you that he was still shit faced drunk and hung over as hell, would you have fired him?

Don't show up for work, and can't do the work(drunk), what's the difference.  You have got to be responsible enough to remember what your obligations are.  The company does not own you from 5pm Friday to Monday 7a, that is your time;, but after that......
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#13]
STEP IN MY OFFICE.  Why? U ARE FIRED!. Classic line.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:34:41 PM EDT
[#14]
WTF does friday have to do with today?  It's MONDAY.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:35:04 PM EDT
[#15]
You must hate children. Don't ever try to run for any office.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#16]
party on friday?
yeah he's probably hung over still, or kept drinking other days

but, being 2 days later, maybe he actually is sick unrelated to the drinking
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:35:34 PM EDT
[#17]
How old was the kid?

I was taught growing up that you just didnt miss work unless someone died or you were in the hospital or couldnt move.  It was the same way with school.  I think in all of high school I missed like 4 days, and Ive never called out of work.  I may be young, but I was raised right.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey you're an asshole to work for anyways!!!!
That party is not the reason I called in sick.
I have a bad cold and you're discriminating against me.
Those pics have NOTHING to do with why I called in sick!!!!!

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:36:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted: my reply, well my friend saw you at your halloween party you must have made one hell of a recovery. his jaw just dropped and he said sorry and left.
Nice "work" man!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:38:45 PM EDT
[#20]
how could you tell his jaw dropped if he was calling in to work because he was so ill that he couldn't get out of bed?  And how would he have left if he was calling from home?

You got some 'splainin to do.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#21]
This is not a knock against what 1911greg did, personally if you can't tell the truth on why you can't come in to work you deserve to get canned. I just have a question to think about, and I don't have an answer:

What if the person was one of your best employees, doesn't have to be a kid, could be anyone, and they lied or screwed up, and add to this, you had already fired someone else for lying or screwing up prior to this?

Like I said, this is just a question and not a knock against 1911greg. He has a lot more posts than I

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:40:22 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm actually surprised we didn't get a thread from 1911greg asking everyone's opinion on what he should have done in this situation.  Oh was there one and I just missed it?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:42:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
How old was the kid?

I was taught growing up that you just didnt miss work unless someone died or you were in the hospital or couldnt move.  It was the same way with school.  I think in all of high school I missed like 4 days, and Ive never called out of work.  I may be young, but I was raised right.

Heh,  I was almost 'fired' from school.  One year I missed 28 days.  They threatened to hold me back but I was still making straight A's.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:42:32 PM EDT
[#24]
YOU'RE FIRED!!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
STEP IN MY OFFICE.  Why? U ARE FIRED!. Classic line.

Jim" STEP INTO MY OFFICE BOY"............. Whats his name........"OK"............Jim" YOUR FUCKN FIRED"..................LOL

SLUG-O
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:45:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I was taught growing up that you just didnt miss work unless someone died or you were in the hospital or couldnt move.

So you're the guy who brings the flu to work with you?

Thanks, buddy.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:45:49 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
how could you tell his jaw dropped if he was calling in to work because he was so ill that he couldn't get out of bed?  And how would he have left if he was calling from home?

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This was Friday night.....kid comes into work after bein "sick in bed" for the weekend.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:53:01 PM EDT
[#29]
who the fuck let a mormon be a god damn boss anyways?are you the boss of Domino's pizza,,let me guess,,you paid a dime MORE than minimum wage,,try that shit at the post office one timeheBob
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:54:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Oh ok.  I see.  He fired him after the fact.

Kind of hard to tell from the way the OP is written.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:57:06 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was taught growing up that you just didnt miss work unless someone died or you were in the hospital or couldnt move.

So you're the guy who brings the flu to work with you?

Thanks, buddy.

No shit, I hate the macho assholes that roll in sick and eventually make others sick then we have more lost time where as if they would have stayed home it would have only cost one person to miss work.

My company has unlimited sick time and we have guys that have never missed a day because they're stupid.

Yearly we are awarded $50 if we don't miss work or you can call in sick, not infect everyone and get paid for a full 12 hours to stay home.

Which is the better deal for the company and the employees?

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#32]
So he lies to you about being sick and you lie to him about how you found out.

Way to lead by example there, boss.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:00:23 PM EDT
[#33]
kinda reminds me of my nephew, he called in sick to go to a nascar driver fan club meet and greet.

the next week he was showing his co-workers digital photos when the boss came by and fired him on the spot.

date and time stamp on the photos
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:02:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Ok, I should probably explain a little bit more.  I was always fortunate enough to get sick on a weekend, or if I wasnt working.  In fact, the only time Ive ever gotten other people sick at work was during boot camp.  I had the crud for about 5 weeks, but then again, so did everyone else. Since then Ive been lucky and rarely get sick. So what I said before was a alittle misleading.  I dont call in sick to work, becasue Im usually not sick when I work.  If its bad, I would call out, just havent been that unlucky yet. Sorry for any confusion.  But I was raised that if you had to miss work, youd better have a damn good reason.  And partying the night before is not one of them
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm still not seeing how a friday night party is solid proof that he's faking on monday.  Judging by his reaction, it seems he was, but how could you have known that before you fired him?

Also, why are you cruising teenager's (assuming he is a teenager) myspace pages?  How'd you find his page to begin with?

Also, did he call in or come in?  I'm still not clear on that.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:04:44 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
How old was the kid?

Yep me to...I'm actually the one they always seem to call when someone else calls in.  Sometimes it sucks being dependable.

ETA: I haven't been really sick either...but I do go to work if I have the sniffles unlike some of my coworkers
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:12:43 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
No shit, I hate the macho assholes that roll in sick and eventually make others sick then we have more lost time where as if they would have stayed home it would have only cost one person to miss work.

Last year one of our team leaders came down with a severe flu, but came in to work anyway.  The next week five members of his team were out with the flu.  The incident created a BIG productivity ripple throughout the department.

Flu shots people...

ETA:  Sorry, about the hijack...
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:14:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Now, its either Im in the emergency room, or I go into work, make sick call and see what Doc says from there whether im SiQ or "Get back to work"
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
who the fuck let a mormon be a god damn boss anyways?are you the boss of Domino's pizza,,let me guess,,you paid a dime MORE than minimum wage,,try that shit at the post office one time the kid is much better off,,oh but im sure you have people kicking your door down to work there dont you
Bob

What the fuck are you talking about?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:17:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Snooping on an employee's myspace and then firing the guy.......real class act.

So do you cyberstalk your female employees too or just the slacker rebel guys with  supple buttocks and hairless teen chests?

Senator Foley, is that you?

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:20:34 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I don't like your haircut .... you're fired!

What, You didn't Douche...You're fired!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:21:45 PM EDT
[#42]
sorry should have clearified it was friday that he missed!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

ok he calls in friday says he is sick cannot come in for work sunday I check myspace shows pics from fridays party.

I call him in today to give him his check and the bad news.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:23:46 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Ahhhh, that makes a lot more sense.

Still not clear on how you know about his myspace page
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:25:38 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I have never used it but what a resource for a employer to check out their employees.

so this guy calls in work saying how he is so ill he cannot even get out of bed, well he was dumb enough to post pics from a halloween party with references to Friday night and all of his friends were making comments on what a cool party it was...

idiots

makes my job easy.

I told him his fired, and he says u cannot fire me for being sick...

my reply, well my friend saw you at your halloween party you must have made one hell of a recovery.

his jaw just dropped and he said sorry and left.

Dude, I don't have a problem with firing an employee for lying, but what kind of person trolls myspace watching what his employees are doing?  

I wouldn't want to fucking work for you, that's for damn sure.  I've been managing people for many years in companies from 5 people to 25,000 and that's by far the most fucked up thing I've seen.  Does your supervisor know you browse myspace during working hours?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

What if the person was one of your best employees, doesn't have to be a kid, could be anyone, and they lied or screwed up, and add to this, you had already fired someone else for lying or screwing up prior to this

there is alot of cash around and a lot of merchandise, if i cannot trust you, you are no good to me
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#47]
I'd fire the manager for surfing myspace on company time!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Snooping on an employee's myspace and then firing the guy.......real class act.

So do you cyberstalk your female employees too or just the slacker rebel guys with  supple buttocks and hairless teen chests?

Senator Foley, is that you?

A myspace page is basically like taking out a full-page, color ad about yourself in the newspaper.  It ain't exactly meant to be private.

Still trying to determine if the part in red is meant sarcastically.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
who the fuck let a mormon be a god damn boss anyways?are you the boss of Domino's pizza,,let me guess,,you paid a dime MORE than minimum wage,,try that shit at the post office one time the kid is much better off,,oh but im sure you have people kicking your door down to work there dont you
Bob

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:29:23 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahhhh, that makes a lot more sense.

Still not clear on how you know about his myspace page

the other employees ratted his ass out and sent me the page, they were tired of carrying his weight when he would call in sick and make everyone else work hard
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top