Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2006 3:11:02 PM EDT
It was a D-Link.  3.5 years old, surfing fine and suddenly all the lights started flashing in unision, and unplugging it and letting it sit for a while before plugging it back in does not help.

Should I stick with D-Link, first problem I have had with their products, D-Link cable modem still going strong.

Haven't shopped for these in a few years, is there a 'must-have' brand or model out there?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a Linksys WRT54GL but Newegg has a good deal on Buffalo Technology WHR-G54S at $40 with free shipping. It is a solid unit at a good price and is designed to work as a router, access point, or bridge. Very reliable and very flexible. Link below:

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833162173
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#2]
My Linksys 2.4 died after only 1 year of service...
But... I gave them another try, 6mos. on now
and all is A-OK.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:53:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!  I'll hit CompUSA tomorrow and see what is new in wireless routers...
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a Linksys too and really like it.  So far it has worked fine.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Linksys all the way.
I use A WRT54G.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top