Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2006 7:13:25 AM EDT

I called to see when they opened (they have really weird hours) he said 11 and I asked how muddy it was out there since we has lots of rain last week.

"Pretty bad!"

*click

What sucks is that they're the closest outdoor range (that you don't have to be a member) within 50 miles. The indoor range won't let me shoot my CZ-52 and I want to test out my .40 AR

Rat bastards
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:15:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:16:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I called to see when they opened (they have really weird hours) he said 11 and I asked how muddy it was out there since we has lots of rain last week.

"Pretty bad!"

*click

What sucks is that they're the closest outdoor range (that you don't have to be a member) within 50 miles. The indoor range won't let me shoot my CZ-52 and I want to test out my .40 AR

Rat bastards

You said it all.."they are the only outdoor range that doesnt have a membership", they can do whatever the fuck they want.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:17:17 AM EDT
[#3]
call him back and ask "how bad is it?"
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:18:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
People have bad days.  

If you let little things like this bother you, you will get old real fast.

Tj

It doesn't bother me, it was just very rude. I won't loose any sleep over it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:20:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Ever consider the cord might have pulled out of the handset,
or something else happened that wasn't an actual "hang up"?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:21:16 AM EDT
[#6]
You may be right.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:22:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Why on earth cant you shoot the CZ indoors?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:23:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The guy who owns the indoor range says that the round will penetrate his backstop
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:28:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The guy who owns the indoor range says that the round will penetrate his backstop

I suppose if its made of plywood.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:33:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

His rules not mine
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:36:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Actually, many indoor ranges don't allow High Velocity rounds. We have a local indoor that won't allow .357 Magnum.

That's why I use the outdoor range
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:38:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

His rules not mine

I had a safety officer tell me I needed to wait longer between shot because they hit in the same spot at the same time.....he looked about 12 years old...So i TOLD HIM TO GET HIS DAD TO TELL ME THAT...NEVER SAW HIM AGAIN...
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:41:46 AM EDT
[#13]
I would have immediately called back and say, "Weird.  The connection seemed to have been cut off.  Anyway...."
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:42:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I would have immediately called back and say, "Weird.  The connection seemed to have been cut off.  Anyway...."

I tried to call back, no answer
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:44:24 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I had a safety officer tell me I needed to wait longer between shot because they hit in the same spot at the same time.

Um....

I guess if you were firing a full-auto two-round burst and the first round was a weak-as-hell charge and the second round was overcharged.  Can the second round catch up to the first one?  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:09:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

His rules not mine

I had a safety officer tell me I needed to wait longer between shot because they hit in the same spot at the same time.....he looked about 12 years old...So i TOLD HIM TO GET HIS DAD TO TELL ME THAT...NEVER SAW HIM AGAIN...

1.  His comment was laughable on its face unless you are Robyn Hood.  (even then its just a silly complaint.

2.  By typing in all caps it looks like you were yelling at someone who was probably just repeating what he had been told by his boss, father, or manager.  If you didn't, you may certainly ignore the rest of this post.  

Are you rude to and yell at secretaries and clerks too?  Do you always ask for a manager when the world doesn't succumb to your whim?

I have one major rule at my shop.  If anyone gets yelled at, its me.  If you yell at my staff, or are condescendingly rude to my staff (by implying that they are no-nothings because of their age, sex, ethnicity or perceived status) I don't need your business.

I worked in service for 10 years.  I worked as an associate for 7 years before opening my own shop.   It is a point of personal honor that my staff gets treated with respect.

People who vent frustration at low-level or service employees are usually ill-bred louts without any sense of manners or appropriateness, bullies, or self important boobs.

Next time, be nice to the low level employee and save your wrath for the person in charge.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 1:47:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Maybe he had something better to do the yap with you, like stop a safety violation.  You got the information you needed, and sometimes there is no time to be polite and say good bye three times to make sure the conversation is ended, sometimes you have to go and address the issue, especially at a free public firearms range.  

YMMV
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#18]
did you ask in spanish?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Let's review.................  

1) You KNEW it rained.

2) You KNEW it was an outdoor range.

3) You KNEW what it was like when wet, as you HAD been there before.

Yet, you're P.O.'d at him for not answering the OBVIOUS?????????    

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:12:14 PM EDT
[#20]
They probably thought that you were ghetto.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:10:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
They probably thought that you were ghetto.

Haha
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:12:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Maybe he was gettin a hummer.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:14:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Their range their rules.  I know it sucks.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:43:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Maybe they had to deal with someone already there.  

Are you one of those guys who whines and bitches about being put on hld when you call a store becuase the store is dealing wiht poeple who actually took the time to go there in person?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:56:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

1.  His comment was laughable on its face unless you are Robyn Hood.  (even then its just a silly complaint.

2.  By typing in all caps it looks like you were yelling at someone who was probably just repeating what he had been told by his boss, father, or manager.  If you didn't, you may certainly ignore the rest of this post.  

Are you rude to and yell at secretaries and clerks too?  Do you always ask for a manager when the world doesn't succumb to your whim?

I have one major rule at my shop.  If anyone gets yelled at, its me.  If you yell at my staff, or are condescendingly rude to my staff (by implying that they are no-nothings because of their age, sex, ethnicity or perceived status) I don't need your business.

I worked in service for 10 years.  I worked as an associate for 7 years before opening my own shop.   It is a point of personal honor that my staff gets treated with respect.

People who vent frustration at low-level or service employees are usually ill-bred louts without any sense of manners or appropriateness, bullies, or self important boobs.

Next time, be nice to the low level employee and save your wrath for the person in charge.

Wow, are you hiring?    I want to work for you.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:04:08 PM EDT
[#26]
I would love to hang up on the idiot weather checkers who call my work sometimes.

Thank god I don't answer the phone much. Even the idiot skydivers who are already at the DZ seem to think I'm some prescient weather god.

"Hey. What are the winds doing?" (lawn chairs are blowing over)

Me: "It's windy."

Them: "Is it too windy to jump?"

Me: "I'm not jumping."

Them: "So you think it's too windy to jump?"

Me: "It's not too windy to jump, it's too windy to land.
If you don't mind landing your parachute and being dragged to your death being sliced through a barbed wire fence like a cheese grater, go ahead. Nobody's stopping you."

Them: "Oh. Are the winds going to drop?"

Me: "Yes."

Them: "When."

Me: "I don't know."

Them: "Will it be ok later today?"

Me: "I don't know."

Them: "What's it going to be like tomorrow?"

Me: "I don't know. Do you live in Florida?"

Them: "Yes."

Me: "Do you have a TV?"
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:28:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, are you hiring?    I want to work for you.

Thanks for the compliment.  Its one of those things that grates on me, for obvious reasons.

If you're a litigation paralegal that wants to work for a scumbag (me ) for next to nothing in a small town in BFE, then yeah, I'm hiring.    
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:35:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

"Pretty bad!"

*click

Rat bastards

Al is that way, what can I say ? (I know you called Clear Creek) I went yesterday and yes it was muddy, always bring boots and call me next time so I can go too since your 10min down the street I have to go back wednesday because I decieded to go with another back site
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top