Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2006 5:29:50 AM EDT
Nicky Hayden, from Owensboro Kentucky won the MotoGP (top level of motorcycle road racing) World Championship yesterday. He led the points most of the season but was taken out in a crash by his teammate two weeks ago in the next-to-last race, losing the points lead. His main rival, Valentino Rossi, crashed in yesterday's final race and Hayden secured the title.

Why should you care? Hayden is a class act. Everything that is wrong in sports today is right with him and almost all of his competitors. Sportsmanship is alive and well in MotoGP. No rap music, felony arrests, trash talking, "in your face" attitudes, bullshit contract holdout dramas, etc. It's also the most exciting racing you'll ever see.

Oh, and I shot my new DPMS 20" Varmint upper with a 6 to 18x Leopold scope yesterday morning. Sub MOA at 100 yards. I love ARs, just slap components together and shoot 3/4" groups. It was a good day.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:30:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Big +1 on Nicky Hayden. Class act all the way.

Many of the US professionals in the NBA, NFL and MLB could really learn a few things by following Nicky's lead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top