Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2006 11:57:45 PM EDT
I hear on the local news that the next time we set our clocks to "spring forward", we will actually fall back again for the first time. Is this true? Why? Wont it kill summer?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:22:53 AM EDT
[#1]
what?

I know they are extending DST by 2 weeks on each end... so We'll fall back 2 weeks latter than normal and spring forward 2 weeks sooner than normal.

but they arn't switching them as far as I know.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:46:09 AM EDT
[#2]
If I understood the brodcast right, they said we wont spring forward at all this spring. Insted, we will fall back another hour in the spring.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:49:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If I understood the brodcast right, they said we wont spring forward at all this spring. Insted, we will fall back another hour in the spring.  

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:51:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
what?

I know they are extending DST by 2 weeks on each end... so We'll fall back 2 weeks latter than normal and spring forward 2 weeks sooner than normal.

but they arn't switching them as far as I know.

Actually, its 3 weeks earlier in the Spring (now late winter) and 1 week in the Fall.

2007 March 11 November 4
2008 March 9 November 2
2009 March 8 November 1
2010 March 14 November 7
2011 March 13 November 6
2012 March 11 November 4
2013 March 10 November 3
2014 March 9 November 2
2015 March 8 November 1
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:20:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, now. that really clears it up.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:28:39 AM EDT
[#6]
LMAO!
I guess we will all find out this spring.... or winter.. or whenever.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:29:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
LMAO!

sorry. spring has been cancelled. we will skip it and summer, and proceed directly to the fall.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:30:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Hope there is a patch for Windows.  It's gonna screw everything up.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:35:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
LMAO!

My head hurts!

Forward, back, forward back.  When I'm appointed king, I'm going to have everyone set their clocks one half hour in between the two and do away with DST all together.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:38:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I thought the rumour was in 2008 we would stay on Standard time no more daylight time?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:49:50 AM EDT
[#11]
If I ever aquire god-like powers, Im just gonna extend daytime itself alltogether.

If we do fall back another hour in the spring...  will that make it dawn in June at 4:am? Or will it be daylight in June at like 10:00pm?

If my questions dont make sense forgive me. I just came off midnight shift and Im trying to stay up all day. I just finished watching back to back episodes of Charmed on TNT and now Im on ARFCOM til my girls come back on again this evening on TNT.
I went trout fishing for a little bit this AM at day brake but didnt get a nibble and it was fucking cold on the creek bank.
I know Im rambling but damn... I dont know what else to do.
I remember laying in a fox whole once , durning AT with the ANG... I remember being so damn tired. The weight of the kevlar was pulling my face down. I remember looking at a blade of grass a few feet in fron of me and the damn thing moved twords me. It seemed to ZOOM in and out. One second it was ten feet away, the next it was right up in my face. All I could do was giggle. Im not quite that tired right now, but Im getting close.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:55:00 AM EDT
[#12]
All this math hurts my head....
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:04:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Does anyone actually LIKE daylight savings time?

I have never met a person who did.  Neither did my late father.  

We made sort of a hobby out of trying to find if anyone was actually in favor of changing time forwards and backwards, forwards and backwards.  Never met a living soul who favored it.

Now some folks like the idea of keeping things in the "summer" configuration, and that kind of makes sense.

But all the readjustment to the different times?  Does ANYone like the way it's set up?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:05:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

We made sort of a hobby out of trying to find if anyone was actually in favor of changing time forwards and backwards, forwards and backwards.  Never met a living soul who favored it.

Now some folks like the idea of keeping things in the "summer" configuration, and that kind of makes sense.

But all the readjustment to the different times?  Does ANYone like the way it's set up?

I like being duped into getting an extra hour of sleep.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:15:13 AM EDT
[#15]
What is their reasoning for changing it? If they're going to do anything with it, they should just get rid of it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:16:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

It makes some sense in terms of energy savings I guess, but I've never found anyone happy about it either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top