Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2006 8:41:35 PM EDT
I need to find a birthday present for my wife, a roasting pan. Don't laugh it's what she wants. Need it before the 6th of November.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:42:44 PM EDT
[#1]
ebay it
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:43:48 PM EDT
[#2]
www.pamperedchef.com/our_products/catalog/product.jsp?productId=10999&categoryCode=CW

Click on Shop Online. Should provide a link to a nearby dealer.

Took all of 30 seconds on google.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:54:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep I did that also, was hoping to find one at less than retail. You know the deal cheap, cheap.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:19:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yep I did that also, was hoping to find one at less than retail. You know the deal cheap, cheap.

Pampered Chef... cheap... oxymoron.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:26:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Their garlic press is the nuts.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:27:51 AM EDT
[#6]
My wife just did a party but it's closed out now.  I doubt you would have it that quick though.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:03:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I wouldn't buy from Pampered Chef.  Almost all of their stuff is overpriced.  Start with Amazon.com and Cooking.com.  They have a huge kitchenware selection.

A few tips:

--Don't buy one with any kind of non-stick surface.  Buy one made of 18/10 or 18/8 stainless steel.
--Buy one with sturdy fixed handles that stick up (not out) from the sides.
--Buy a deep one.  3 inches at a minimum.  3 1/2 would be better.  That way, you can also use it for things like lasagna.
--Rectangular with rounded corners is best.
--Given the choice, I'd buy one with a flat rack over one with a v-rack, but that's just personal preference and not as important as the above stuff.  If it doesn't come with a rack at all but is otherwise great, go for it.  You can always find a rack separately.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:05:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Their garlic press is the nuts.

I may be weird, but I never use garlic presses.  I can pop a clove with the flat of my knife, peel it, and mince it faster than I could use and wash the garlic press.  Plus, it's one more thing to have in a drawer somewhere, and if I'm chopping it myself, I can control how course or fine I want the chop.  I guess if I needed a LOT of garlic for a dish and the consistency you get from the press is acceptable for it, it would be a timesaver.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top