Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2001 1:22:39 PM EDT
I go to school here in Boston and decided to go check out what was going on by the Coply plaza.  I got there a little after 1:00 P.M. and spectated from the north side of the Boston Public Library, which is directly across the street from the Westin Hotel.  You probably saw all the police and emergency units on TV.  By about 1:30 PM. the state police had moved us back another block and across the street so that the library was completely blocked off.  From the sidewalk opposite the the main entrance of the library we could clearly see personnel on the roof of the Library with what appeared to large pieces of surveillance equipment.  Some people claimed they saw snipers up there, but I never saw any rifles.  By about 2:00 P.M. the police lines came down and traffic and pedestrians were allowed through the area once again.  Needless to say, there were plenty of Feds around.  There was no tactical weaponry in sight, which I guess was a good sign.  From there I went directly across the street to Back Bay Station to pick up an AmTrack ticket.  There were plenty of Boston and state police in the train station.  It was a rather hectic day here in Boston.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top