Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2001 1:08:44 PM EDT
I was thinking about how the New Yorkers responded and I can't help but think that had this happened in Los Angeles the civil population would have started rioting and looting......  Sorry LA, but your track record just makes me think you would have reacted differently!

To those in New York.... I am proud of you in your darkest hour.... Thank You!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:19:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Terror in Los Angeles?  Visualize a giant taco salad with lots of sauce.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:21:47 PM EDT
[#2]
You got that right. Instead of the video of the Palestinians jumping up on and down celebrating, you would see looters jumping up and down celebrating.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I do not like the California way of life and stupid ideas they have.  Plus what good would it do to hit LA they do enough to themselves.  Nice thought though.  No offense intended to the good people in Cal, just the idiots
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#4]
You're confusing race rioting with disasters. We've had many disasters such as earthquakes and fires. No one looted during during these natural disasters. You know as well as I do that, especially on the east coast, that once a race riot moves through, the looters soon follow. Don't make me look them all up, I know that Baltimore had a recent racial riot followed by you know what.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:35:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Didn't NYC have lots of looting during a major blackout?

IMO, NYC is just as left wing as LA, perhaps more so. And just as prone to looting. Looting in this situation would be a bad idea, because of the intense involvement by the feds. Can you say [i]martial law[/i]?
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep. You find rats at garbage dumps.
Race riots = garbage dumps
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I honestly think that some of the scunbags would resort to looting.But for the most part most people would come together to help.Was pretty shocked to see the respose to help out in nyc Good to see though.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:53:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd think a lot of you guys would love to see it happen in CA and also hope that CA sinks into the ocean. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:44:10 PM EDT
[#9]
this is such a bullshit thread, people on this board must think we are lower than ant shit.
and im sure there would be a few who would be jumping for joy like the palestinens if it did hit kalif.

i think people REALLY need to start thinking logicly and stop doing the liberal knee jerk re-action -- some thought there would be looting in NYC, DOES THIS MAKE SENSE???
think about it, people are freaking the fuck out, scared, shocked and running for there damn lives with buildings falling all over, you have EVERY cop in town in the disaster zone, every fire fighter, media, natl guard, medics -- who the hell is going to be dumb enough to try and loot a closed down disaster zone ???

history shows rioting comes from an oppressed angry group of people that vent by trashing the town -- got this situation here? NO
looting comes after and try to take advantage of the rioters progress -- got this situation here? NO
disaster zones and natural disasters dont get much looting or rioting.

everyone thought LA would have mass riots during the 1 hour blackouts this summer -- didnt happen

maybe if this would of happened in florida there would be looting and rioting -- it seems they looted during the hurricane disasters a few years ago.

dont forget all the ARMED CIVILANS during the LA riots that put a stop to some of the shit going on, lots of groups of armed people barricaded the stores and fired upon the looters, i would expect that to happen again if the situation called for it.

damn some people never give us a break or any fucking credit when the shit doesnt hit the fan, the SHTF in NY and people just gotta find a way to turn this into a kalif bash and take a big stanky DUMP on LA and Kalif.

but then again we are just a bunch unarmed shithead liberals who do nothing but riot and loot every time the earth shakes.
so lets all hope the next terrorist act takes out the west half of kalif and you can all be fucking DONE WITH US
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:57:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:04:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm pretty sure an airplane won't be crashing into any buildings anytime soon over here. There might be some car bombings or something though. But everyone is on high alert.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 12:30:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 1:56:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Just two days before the attack, there's a minor, 4.2 shake in LA to remind us the wrath of God.  After the terrorist attack on the East coast, we sent bloods to the needy and risking our already low blood supply we need for emergency.  W/i a day, more than 2600 (and raising) people here had donated blood; many waited more than five hours in line...  Search and rescue personells were also flown to nyc to help them.

This is just some examples...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top