Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2006 5:36:07 PM EDT
Why do we have daylight savings? kinda curious but to lazy to look it up.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

More sunlight for farming.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:38:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Too lazy to click a link?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_savings_time
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I like things dark.  I wish they'd just do away with it, but keep it at the time when you have less light.  That'd suit me.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:40:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I like things dark.  I wish they'd just do away with it, but keep it at the time when you have less light.  That'd suit me.

North, to Alaska!  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:40:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

This first day of Standard Time is always a bitch for me.  I felt like it was almost bed time, but when I looked up it was 6:45.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:41:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Man, we get this same damn thread a couple times a year...WTF?!?!?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#7]
next year it will be extended by 4 weeks (2 weeks earlier in the Spring, 2 weeks later in the Fall) to conserve more energy
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

North, to Alaska!  

If it weren't for my wonderful wife and kids, that'd be where I live, I swear it.  Maybe someday I'll be a grumpy old man there or something.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
next year it will be extended by 4 weeks (2 weeks earlier in the Spring, 2 weeks later in the Fall) to conserve more energy

Which is nonsense anyway, because people will still use energy regardless of what the clock says

I went in to work an hour early today because I had no clue daylight saving's time had ended...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top