Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2006 7:45:14 AM EDT
About my sig line.

"Bud" Anderson was a Mustang Pilot in the European theater in 1944 and 1945

During one of the largest dogfights of the war, Bud had gotten seperated from his squadron and wingman. While he was seperated he managed to "corner" a number of ME109's, while this was happening, his squadron mates were calling him on radio asking where he was, fearing he had been shot down. Anderson was quite busy at the moment and was not answering the radio calls.

When Anderson finally got a chance to repond.....He reponded with
"Can't Talk...Gotta Shoot"

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:49:05 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
About my sig line.

"Bud" Anderson was a Mustang Pilot in the European theater in 1944 and 1945

During one of the largest dogfights of the war, Bud had gotten seperated from his squadron and wingman. While he was seperated he managed to "corner" a number of ME109's, while this was happening, his squadron mates were calling him on radio asking where he was, fearing he had been shot down. Anderson was quite busy at the moment and was not answering the radio calls.

When Anderson finally got a chance to repond.....He reponded with
"Can't Talk...Gotta Shoot"

Heh.. Nice
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:58:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for sharing - interesting tale...I probably wouldnt have picked up on it from the sigline alone.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:59:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I love history.   Thanks for the lesson
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top