Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2006 6:17:00 AM EDT
I don't know about you guys but it seems like, in my life, there are times when everything happens for a reason. I've had it happen with jobs - for example, as one job would come to an end, another opportunity would arise and i'd get a new job. Or I'd get an opportunity to do some freelance design at a point when I wanted to purchase something, so I was able to buy it. "It" being a new gun, ammo, accessories, or whatever. Sometimes things seem to be on clearance when I decide I need them.

What got me thinking about this is this: Just this past week, I was in a thread on the Survival Forum talking about "what is your favorite knife blade shape" (paraphrased). I went Googling for pics of a knife I've loved since I was a kid in the 80s, with my dad taking me to gun shows. The knife at the time was $80 or so, WAY out of my meager earnings at the time. So my searches led me to eBay, where a pristine example of the knife was, and I wound up winning the auction. As it happens, I received $100 for my birthday a few weeks ago and now I don't have to sell anything to finance this knife coming my way.

In the past I've just said "hey, neat!" but now, combined with the other stuff that's happened like this (and believe me, I am not the luckiest guy in the world...) I'm wondering if it's more than just coincidence. I know that God works in mysterious ways in our lives, and am wondering if there's more to it than "Hey, neat!" now.

SO, the point of this post is two fold:

1: Has this happened to any of you?

2: Is this happening for a reason? As in, I'm supposed to have a bunch of ammo and supplies for some kind of event in the future? Even if I'm gone, those remaining in my family will have what they need?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:26:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Happens often enough that I no longer consider it unusual.  I believe there is FAR more to this world and our lives than we can possibly imagine.   I stopped tryiing to figure it out a long time ago.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top