Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2001 12:03:49 PM EDT
Yesterday I realized how dreadfully unprepared I am for a situation where chem/bio may be used.  So who here knows about chem/bio agents and protective gear.  Whats the best protection and what do I look for in good gear?  Who supplies it/where to get it, and whats the cost?
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 12:28:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Check [url]www.ASOD.org[/url]

and their message forums.

I took several first responder courses from them and bought all of our gear from 'em.
Good guys and good prices on equipment.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 12:30:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunatley you are fucked...

Bio warfare-you eat/breath it in/get bitten by bug and you are incapacitated or dead- remember a wounded person is harder to deal with than a dead one....

Chem warfare- plane/missle flys over and sprays your ass-if you dont have any chem equip you are dead.  if you DO have chem equipment you are dead.  

If by some chance you live- everything you own is infected/contanimated-sometimes for quite a long time-INCLUDING your chem gear that you just bought and mask filters-both which do not last very long in chem enviroment.

Sorry
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 12:31:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 12:45:17 PM EDT
[#4]
The new Chemical Protective Overgarments (CPO) & Chemical Protective Undergarments (CPU) or MOPP suits as they use to be known as, will protect the user against [b]ALL[/b] known chemical warfare agents.  

Chemical blood agents tend to braek them down faster but they will still protect for 18 hours of the 24 hour rating.

There [b]are[/b] steps that you can take to survive a NBC terrorist event, but those who think that they are doomed from the beginning will be the main casualties.

[url]www.ASOD.org[/url]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:07:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:20:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#7]
[b]The_Beer_Slayer[/b]

Both chemical & biological attacks will be devastating...and yes you are correct, that very few Americans are prepared for such an attack.  This is why we are here (to educate the public).

May not save everyone, but the chances of surviving will be greater if individuals have protection and the knowledge of exactly what to do.

[url]www.ASOD.org[/url]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:33:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Unfortunatley you are fucked...
View Quote

Yup.  I'm not even going to gearup for that contingency.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top