Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2006 9:29:53 PM EDT
I am in pretty decent shape but this fall we have started a flag football team.

Before the season started, i was doing quite a bit of various cardio in the gym and was fine.

Bought a new pair of Nike Shark-Mid top cleats for flag football on grass/dirt fields we play on.

After our first game the tops of my feet were very sore. Sore to the point of i could barely walk for a day and a half. At first i thought it was just me not being used to the shoes.

We played another game a week later but before the game i had to ref for 1 hr in my cleats. then played our game.

That was last Weds. Today, i can still barely walk. yesterday my feet were swollen badly across the tops of them. I have no heal pain or ball pain, just on the tops half on the outside.

what the heck is the problem? too much arch, too little arch support? narrow shoe? have i broken or stress fractured my feet or something. i can still barely walk.

any ides?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:32:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Carpal tunnel of the feet, get a different pair of shoes. Flex your toes and see how the tendons work on the top of your feet, a pair of shoes that apply pressure improperly can cause swelling, numbness and pain. I'd start there, and if it does not go away, see a podietrist.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:37:00 PM EDT
[#2]
How old are you?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:40:21 PM EDT
[#3]

30, white male, 6'3 200 lbs and in great shape but my feet are killing me!

When i curl my toes under my feet and stretch my heel up, it feels great, like it is relieving the pressure.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:42:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Go see a doctor.  They seem to know what they're talking about and can prescribe really useful drugs.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Still swollen and painful!

planning on seeing a doc on weds/thurs if in same condition.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:37:09 AM EDT
[#6]
It does sound to me like your shoes are too narrow and putting "the squeeze" on your bones and joints.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:33:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you stretch that area.  Resting the tops of your feet on the ground while sitting on your heals and leaning back is a good one.  Every time, try to lean a little further back.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Gout.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Could also be Plantar Fascitis. See a foot doctor either way.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 1:00:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Could also be Plantar Fascitis. See a foot doctor either way.

I think that deals with the bottom of the foot.  If he can curl his toes without pain, it's probably not that.  I had to deal with PF, about 4 months of rest and a good pair of arches did the trick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top