Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2006 5:29:31 PM EDT
Has anyone else had problems with their customer service?  

I ordered some things from them and was supposed to receive it on Thursday.  Well, UPS delivered the package to the wrong address.  The sender must start the trace investigation as only the sender is entitled to make a claim on the contents.  I contacted them Friday morning and again this morning.  I haven't heard back from them and through calling UPS they have not called to start the investigation.  Two business days and they can't find the time to call UPS.

I didn't make a huge order...  $170 total but still...  That's a lot of ammo I could have purchased instead.  I've talked to my bank to get information about disputing the purchase since they aren't responding to my repeated E-Mails.

Friday evening I went to the distribution center to talk to a manager personally but of course the delivery guy had already gone home for the night.  He said that he would talk to him on Monday but he didn't take any information from me...  Not my address, name, phone number or tracking number.  

Starting the investigation myself is an option but if they cannot locate it, there is no way to make a claim on the package...  Even Copsplus can't make a claim once I've started an investigation.  I called to start one this evening but they're so inundated with call volume the UPS customer service told me to call back Monday morning.  

So Monday evening, 5 damn days later, if I don't find anything out I'll call to start an investigation and if I come out of that empty handed I'll dispute the purchase through my bank.

So...  Anyone else have problems with them?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:27:04 PM EDT
[#1]
never used them    
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered two holsters from them a while ago, never had a complaint.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:57:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, you need to calm down, take a couple deep breath, let the people responsible to the things they need to do, and give them 5 "business days" to do it.  A business day is Monday through Friday usually 9 to 5.

Quoted:
I contacted them Friday morning and again this morning.  I haven't heard back from them and through calling UPS they have not called to start the investigation.  Two business days and they can't find the time to call UPS.

Saturday isn't a business day.  So it's been only one day.

Friday evening I went to the distribution center to talk to a manager personally but of course the delivery guy had already gone home for the night.  He said that he would talk to him on Monday

See even UPS agrees with Saturday not being a business day.

Starting the investigation myself is an option but if they cannot locate it, there is no way to make a claim on the package...  Even Copsplus can't make a claim once I've started an investigation.  I called to start one this evening but they're so inundated with call volume the UPS customer service told me to call back Monday morning.

You waited one day, know that you will screw over the shipper...the person really responsible for getting the trace and refund started, but you go ahead and try to start that process anyway?  

So Monday evening, 5 damn days later,

Monday will be 2 business day later.

Anyone else have problems with them?

Only problem I see here is a customer who is being a pain in the ass, jumping to conclusions he shouldn't, not being patient and letting the system actually work, and doesn't understand what "business day" actually means.

You need to calm down and be patient.  Things will go a lot better for you if you do.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Wow, you need to calm down, take a couple deep breath, let the people responsible to the things they need to do, and give them 5 "business days" to do it.  A business day is Monday through Friday usually 9 to 5.

Quoted:
I contacted them Friday morning and again this morning.  I haven't heard back from them and through calling UPS they have not called to start the investigation.  Two business days and they can't find the time to call UPS.

Saturday isn't a business day.  So it's been only one day.

Friday evening I went to the distribution center to talk to a manager personally but of course the delivery guy had already gone home for the night.  He said that he would talk to him on Monday

See even UPS agrees with Saturday not being a business day.

You waited one day, know that you will screw over the shipper...the person really responsible for getting the trace and refund started, but you go ahead and try to start that process anyway?  

So Monday evening, 5 damn days later,

Monday will be 2 business day later.

Anyone else have problems with them?

Only problem I see here is a customer who is being a pain in the ass, jumping to conclusions he shouldn't, not being patient and letting the system actually work, and doesn't understand what "business day" actually means.

You need to calm down and be patient.  Things will go a lot better for you if you do.

You're saying a FULL WEEK is a reasonable response time for a customer complaint?  It must take a whole 30 minutes to handle the situation.  I'm know they must be a busy, busy company but a whole week...  come on.  That's a guarenteed sorry you're not getting you stuff..

UPS does work on Saturday.  They just don't offer residential service.

I guess I'm just used to better coustomer service.  I would consider Saturday a buisness day as most buisnesses are open on Saturday.  Not all but most.  When a package is lost...  Or in this case delivered to the wrong address.  The sooner a trace is started the better.

Even UPS was supprised that they haven't done anything yet.

Please explain further how I'm screwing over the shipper?  I'm interested to know how if I don't get what I pay for I shouldn't have to pay for it...  To me I'm getting what I paid for.  If I get nothing I shouldn't pay for nothing.  To me it makes sence.

Maybe...  Well according to you...  I am being a pain in the ass.  That's only because I don't want to get screwed out of $170.  I don't know about you but I work too damn hard and long to just get screwed out of money.  I'm pissed and I want my damn package.  Maybe, Maybe having a pissed off coustmer gets the gears turning faster sometimes.

Also, I'm curious, just what conclusion am I jumping to?  That the shipper isn't working with me?  That isnt'a conclusion that I'm jumping to.  I'd just expect any decent coustmer service to get on this as soon as possible.  I don't think a day is unreasonable to do it.

Edit:
I guess I'm a little more pissed at UPS as this is probably the 5th time I've had serious trouble with them in the past 6 months.  My off time, which is far and few between ( I generally work around 100 hrs a week between 2 full time jobs...  This week I've worked well over 100 hrs  I'm pushing 110-115), is very, very valuable to me.  Now my plans this weekend are going to be screwed up because of this and I'm pissed.  Am I taking it out on the wrong person?  Maybe and maybe not.  If they could have found the 30 min on Friday to take care of this important thing maybe, just maybe I'd have my stuff for the weekend.  As it is now IF I do get my stuff It's going to be a long, long wait.  But you'd give them a extra week so I guess I shouldn't complain.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top