Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2006 3:41:10 PM EDT
Alright, about 3 weeks ago my girlfriend dreamed she was going to get into an accident.  Later that day, her tire blows out, loses control of her car and nearly flies off the road.  I thought it was pretty weird, but she told me that her dreams have come true a couple of times in the past.  

So then last night, again she dreamed about getting into an accident.  She was pretty freaked out and I tried to calm her down.  Sure enough, later in the day, she hydro-planed into a guardrail.  She was ok and there was minor damage to the vehicle.  She is very freaked needless to say.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:43:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Some people can do that. She can do more, but doesn't know it yet.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:45:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Some people can do that. She can do more, but doesn't know it yet.

Why yes she can, but that's personal.

Back on track though, any info you can point me toward would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:48:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, my cousin had almost exactly the same dreams, and then almost exactly the same accident, hydroplaning into a guardrail. And then, three days later - DEAD.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:53:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Wow, my cousin had almost exactly the same dreams, and then almost exactly the same accident, hydroplaning into a guardrail. And then, three days later - DEAD.

Thats not gona make him feel beter!  

Next time she deams numbers buy a loto ticket!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:54:39 PM EDT
[#6]
If I were a gambling man, I'd predict another such mishap in the future, and I wouldn't need a dream to do it.

I haven't lost control of my car in since I was 16.  I have driven on three continents and in all four seasons.

One may argue that it isn't such a miracle to predict a mishap when someone seems prone to mishaps.

Better car maintenance and driving skills would be more adviseable than linking up with woowoo fortune tellers.

But what do I know, I am the official arfcom asshole.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a dream a few weeks ago that I was a college student in 1920 from Oxford spending a summer in a huge palatial country house in England with an aristocratic friend who's brother was in the House of Lords from school.  Hasn't happened yet though...
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:04:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
...I haven't lost control of my car in since I was 16....

Wow, my uncle said exactly the same thing, and three days later - DEAD.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:05:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This trend is much better than the "87" nonsense of last year.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:06:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I had this dream the other night... I went into work and nobody remembered who I was, So I decided to take the day off.

On the way out, I run into my boss. He says "Hey, you look familiar"
I said "Thanks, people say that a lot in these dreams."

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow - a friend of mine called the "87" threads "nonsense" and three days later - DEAD.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:15:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Self-Fulfilling-Prophecy & Coincidence.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If I were a gambling man, I'd predict another such mishap in the future, and I wouldn't need a dream to do it.

I haven't lost control of my car in since I was 16.  I have driven on three continents and in all four seasons.

One may argue that it isn't such a miracle to predict a mishap when someone seems prone to mishaps.

Better car maintenance and driving skills would be more adviseable than linking up with woowoo fortune tellers.

I know it's probably just a coincidence, but out of the 4 accidents she's had in 6 years of driving, two were three weeks apart and she dreamt they were going to happen.  I'm pretty sure she had a similiar dream before at least one of the other ones because she called me to tell me about her dream on the one three weeks ago and said that it wasn't a good thing.  Course, I told her not to worry about it...

Just a weird thing maybe, maybe not.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:20:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know it's probably just a coincidence, but out of the 4 accidents she's had in 6 years of driving, two were three weeks apart and she dreamt they were going to happen.  I'm pretty sure she had a similiar dream before at least one of the other ones because she called me to tell me about her dream on the one three weeks ago and said that it wasn't a good thing.  Course, I told her not to worry about it...

Just a weird thing maybe, maybe not.

Y'know I just remembered that I lost control of my car in January of '05 during a snowstorm, when I tried to switch lanes quickly to avoid a car that was merging INTO me.

This has nothing to do with the coincidence, self-fulfilling prophecy, or miracle status of your story - but I am embarrassed to have forgotten about that incident and feel the need to atone.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#15]
This is a "statistical" phenomenon called 'counting the hits and ignoring the misses'.

It happens a lot when someone is thinking of the friend and the friend calls them and the person figures they must be psychic.  They don't bother to think about the 50 or so times they thought of their friend and the friend didn’t call.
Statistically their "psychic powers" are not very reliable but they appear to be due to selective memory.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I had a dream I shot a guy trying to rob a convenience store.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:54:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+87

Travis
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:54:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
This is a "statistical" phenomenon called 'counting the hits and ignoring the misses'.

It happens a lot when someone is thinking of the friend and the friend calls them and the person figures they must be psychic.  They don't bother to think about the 50 or so times they thought of their friend and the friend didn’t call.
Statistically their "psychic powers" are not very reliable but they appear to be due to selective memory.

I'm sure there is merrit there.  However, she called me both times before the accidents happened.  She wasn't looking back and saying "Holy fuck shit, I dreamt this was going to happen and it did", after the fact. I'm a fairly grounded dude and don't go into this sort of thing usually.  I guess what made me think about it was how concerned she sounded when she had those dreams.  

When all is said and done though, the worst part is that now I have to tell her, "Sorry babe, three days - DEAD."  I know she ain't going to take that well at all.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:58:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sure there is merrit there.  However, she called me both times before the accidents happened.  She wasn't looking back and saying "Holy fuck shit, I dreamt this was going to happen and it did", after the fact. I'm a fairly grounded dude and don't go into this sort of thing usually.  I guess what made me think about it was how concerned she sounded when she had those dreams.  

When all is said and done though, the worst part is that now I have to tell her, "Sorry babe, three days - DEAD."  I know she ain't going to take that well at all.  

Travis

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:00:35 PM EDT
[#20]
all i ever get from dreams is visions from hell.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:04:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
all i ever get from dreams is visions from hell.  

Hold up a sign next time and I'll wave at ya.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:09:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Happens to me ever couple of months.

Stupid, insignificant things...not anything interesting, like an accident.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:22:03 PM EDT
[#23]
In dreams the car represents your physical body, having a car accident in your dreams represents there is a need to care for your body and cease the recklessness and out-of-control actions of how you use your attention and your body. So basically her dream is telling her to learn how to frickin drive before she kills herself.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:24:16 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
In dreams the car represents your physical body, having a car accident in your dreams represents there is a need to care for your body and cease the recklessness and out-of-control actions of how you use your attention and your body. So basically her dream is telling her to learn how to frickin drive before she kills herself.

Y'know - I read this post, and then read your screen name...  call it the power of suggestion, but I could have sworn that there was an "r" before the "i."  I took me a bout three or four re-reads to realize there was not.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:39:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Yea i get that alot, but no im not a crazy driver, 27 years and not so much as a fender bender....knock on wood!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Wow - a friend of mine called the "87" threads "nonsense" and three days later - DEAD.

the third one was forced, but I still laughed.  The second one was freakin hilarious.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:52:55 PM EDT
[#28]
But at least
Burt Backarack>She didnt get hit in the rear<Burt Backarack

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:53:23 PM EDT
[#29]
It means you`re asleep.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:54:53 PM EDT
[#30]
I had a dream where i was fighting off Zombies, only i had a 22 rifle and a 38 revolver
and i only had 87rounds
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:59:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top