Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Inform a what JBT means?

M

Jack-Boot Thugs or something like that.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Why is it used in terms of police officers for?

M
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#4]
po-po
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:39:37 PM EDT
[#5]
its what cop haters call the police.

all the cop hater kool aid drinkers use it daily here.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:43:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Justice Bringing Technician
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Why is it used in terms of police officers for?

M

JBT = Jack-booted thug = think Nazi Brownshirts or something similar. Follows orders regardless of what they say, have no compunction against tromping all over people, etc.

They're used in terms of police officers because..well..

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#8]
"Maybe if I'm real lucky I can grow up and wear jack-boots and listen to Air Supply"

Sorry, Rock Star was on VH1 Classic last night
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:48:10 PM EDT
[#9]
It means it's either Wednesday or Friday.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:58:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Just been tasered
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:08:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Here is the long answer, and why many police officer dropped their NRA membership.

"NRA, LaPierre's Words Could Backfire -- Again
Dateline: 03/14/00

On Sunday, March 12, executive vice president of the NRA Wayne LaPierre, appearing on ABC TV's This Week, accused President Clinton of being intentionally lax in pressing for strict enforcement of existing gun control laws and of using acts of gun violence for political gain.

"I've come to believe that he needs a certain level of violence in this country,'' LaPierre said of the president Sunday. "He's willing to accept a certain level of killing to further his political agenda and his vice president, too."

Should those rather incendiary words explode in LaPierre's face and result in "friendly fire" damage to the NRA, it will not be the first time.

In 1995, LaPeirre penned a fund-raising letter in which he referred to federal law enforcement agents as "jack booted thugs." While not written in relationship to the tragedy, the letter was mailed shortly after the bombing of the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.

Although LaPierre issued an official apology, it was too little, too late."
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:11:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
...Although LaPierre issued an official apology, it was too little, too late."

like anything could appease the JBT's.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#13]
jack booted thugs.

usually in reference to waco, ruby ridge, etc. etc.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:12:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Some will use it to describe ALL law enforcement officers. Others use it to describe specifically those in LE who trample the rights of the everyday citizen.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...Although LaPierre issued an official apology, it was too little, too late."

like anything could appease the JBT's.

only teh dead dog.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:17:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Actually... I did take offense of the term.

In 1995 I was a NRA Certified Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor.  I also was a Certified Firearms Instructor by means of training at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center at Glynco GA.  I dropped my NRA membership because of his blanket comment that all federal agents were JBTs!

I believe strongly in the 2nd amendment.  I think the Firearms act of 1968 were laws that took away 2nd amendment rights.  

I think Wayne LaPierre was wrong to classify all federal agents as Jack Booted Thugs.  Just as it is wrong to say all "assault rifles" aka black rifles and AK are only good for killing people and have no sporting purpose.  The 2nd amendment says nothing about just hunting rifles.  

I am a retired Deputy United States Marshal.  I was in the Army for 4 years, a police officer for 8 years and a Deputy U.S. Marshal for almost 21 years.  I know more federal agents and police officers that are strong supporters of the 2nd amendment than I even heard of those who were against it.

Think what you want.  The majority of the line and rank law enforcement officers support the 2nd amendment.  But we get trashed because of a hand full of idiots in upper management positions that don't have a clue about gun rights, and think outlawing something will stop crime.

Drugs have been outlawed for decades, and the problem is only getting worse.

I am sure the JBT haters will trip on this post!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top